Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cranberry Apple Crisp

What better way to end the last Tasty Tuesday of 2011 than with a sweet recipe? This one can be eaten as a dessert or served alongside a main course. It's delicious - and low in fat!

Cranberry Apple Crisp

Ingredients:

FILLING

3 cups peeled, cored, sliced apples
2 cups fresh or frozen thawed cranberries
1 cup Equal® Spoonful*

TOPPING

1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup stick butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful** (Use regular sugar if you prefer)

Preparation:

For Filling, combine apples, cranberries and 1 cup Equal® in an ungreased 10-inch pie plate.

For Topping, combine flour, pecans, melted butter and 1/2 cup Equal®. Mix until well blended. Sprinkle flour mixture over apples and cranberries in pie plate.

Bake in preheated 350°F oven 55 to 60 minutes or until fruit is tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Source for recipe.

4 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike... :) I made an apple crisp for Christmas Eve - I had actually thought of adding cranberries to it for a shot of colour. Looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this treat! The cranberries aren't really necessary, but they do add a nice splash of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always post the best recipes, Martha. It's a wonder you're not huge! This one really temps me because I am a sucker for fruit crisps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, dirtynailz. I don't make these types of recipes very often (they're more of a treat), and even when I do, I let the others eat most of them. I don't have a very big sweet tooth, so it's pretty easy for me to have self control.

    ReplyDelete