Monday, January 16, 2012

25 Things That Make Me Smile

Below are a few things that put a smile on my face...

1) Butterflies

2) Greeting cards

3) Bubble baths

4) Scented candles

5) Receiving mail

6) Baby feet

7) Lightning

8) New books

9) The smell of cookies baking in the oven

10) Spring’s first sprouts

11) Candy shops

12) Finding an old toy from my childhood

13) The sound of autumn leaves crunching under my shoes

14) When someone gives up their seat to someone who needs it

15) Strolling through thrift shops

16) Bees

17) Dragonflies

18) Baby animals

19) Dr. Seuss stories

20) Silly slippers

21) Babies wearing sunglasses

22) Lit birthday candles

23) Old photographs

24) Rainbows

25) Elderly couples walking down the street holding hands

What makes you smile?

7 comments:

  1. I hope you get to experience all of these on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kay G: Awwww...sweet. Thank you. I've been trying to post comments on your blog, but can't. I'm having some issues with certain types of commenting set ups. But I am reading your posts and enjoying them!

    @Jim: I make an effort to do so. It's the simple things that make us smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how I missed this one... Martha, I can't keep up with you!!

    Great list, I bet you can guess #15 "strolling through thrift shops" is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share the love of strolling through thrift shops, for sure. I haven't even discovered yet all of the ones that are here. It's so much fun finding something unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't really matter what you love but that you love.

    ReplyDelete