Thursday, January 5, 2012

Today's Trivia – Things That Moms Always Say (Part 1)

This week’s useless but interesting information is a list of mom-isms (part 1 of 2); expressions that moms use with their children. How many times have you heard some of them? How many have you used with your own kids?

- Always wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident.

- Are you going out dressed like that?

- As long as you live under my roof, you'll do as I say.

- Be good.

- Beds are NOT made for jumping on.

- Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.

- Call me when you get there, just so I know you're okay.

- Close the door! You don't live in a barn.

- Did you brush your teeth?

- Did you clean your room?

- Did you comb your hair?

- Do you think I'm made of money?

- Do you think this is a hotel? You can't just come here only to sleep.

- Do you think your socks are going to pick themselves up?

- Don't ask me WHY. The answer is NO.

- Don't cross your eyes or they'll freeze that way.

- Don't eat that, you'll get worms! (OHMYGOD...I use this often...eeek!)

- Don't EVER let me catch you doing that again.

- Don't go out with a wet head, you'll catch cold.

- Don't make me come in there.

- Don't make me get up.

- Don't pick that scab, it'll get infected.

- Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been.

- Don't run in the house.

- Don't sit too close to the television; it'll ruin your eyes.

- Don't talk with your mouth full.

- Don't use that tone with me.

- Don't walk away when I'm speaking to you.


- Don't you have anything better to do?

- Eat your vegetables, they're good for you.

- Enough is enough.

- Go ask your father.

- Go play outside. It's a beautiful day.

- Go to your room and think about what you did.

- Going to a party? Leave a phone number in case I need to call.

- Going to a party? Who's going to be there?

- Going to a party? Will the parents be home?

- How can you have nothing to wear? Your closet is FULL of clothes!

- How do you know you don't like it if you haven't tasted it? (I say this all the time.)

- How many times do I have to tell you?

- I didn't ask who put it there; I said "Pick it up!"

- I don't buy snacks to feed the neighborhood.

- I don't care what "everyone" is doing. I care what YOU are doing.

- I don't care who started it, I said stop.

- I don't have to explain myself. I said no.

- I hope someday you have children just like you.

- I just want what's best for you.

- I would have never talked to MY mother like that.

- If I catch you doing that one more time, I'll...

- If I've told you once ... I've told you a thousand times...

- If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

- If you could stay out last night, you can get up this morning.

- If you don't clean your plate, you won't get any dessert.

- If you don't stop crying, I am going to give you something to cry about.

- If you're too full to finish your dinner, you're too full for dessert.

- If you're too sick to go to school, you're too sick to play outside.

3 comments:

  1. Lol!!! I heard all of these growing up :) Have to admit I used many of them on my own kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "As long as you live under my roof, you'll do as I say." - I hated this one. So I moved out, got an ear ring, grew my hair long, bought a motorcycle, and started to party like it was 1999. Almost thirty years later I have no ear ring, short hair, and I don't party. (I am still keeping the motorcycle though!) Funny how that works...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jane: The parenting cycle continues into the next generation!

    ------

    @WebDebris: I think we've all heard that one!

    ReplyDelete