Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Amazing Tape Sculptures Of Mark Jenkins

Mark Jenkins makes art from tape. Packaging tape to be exact. And he installs his tape sculptures around the world. Here are a few examples of his incredible talent:





He even dresses up his work and positions it in the oddest ways. I bet it really shocks some folks.






This time-lapse video features the artist Mark Jenkins creating a human sculpture out of packaging tape.



Unbelievable!

Be sure to check out Mark Jenkins’ Website for more of his work:
www.xmarkjenkinsx.com.

You will be amazed!

10 comments:

  1. I loved this - I've never come across his work before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty cool, isn't it? I stumbled across this and just had to share it. It's definitely original.

      Delete
  2. That is pretty cool. I like how they are almost ice like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! At first, that's what I thought I was looking at.

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful, Martha! I'm going to send this link to our family artist Ariel. I think she'll like it as much as I did.

    I couldn't help but wonder if anybody ever walked away with his art since it's right out there on the street. There's bound to have been somebody with...ahem...sticky fingers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Ariel will really appreciate this. It's such great artwork. I wouldn't be surprised if someone walked off with his work.

      Delete
  4. That is really exciting! Real art in our cities! I have no quarrel with the art in Montreal but Toronto could use a few of this sculptor's installations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see in my city, especially the pieces that are dressed up and placed in odd places.

      Delete
  5. Wow, very cool! Gee, I wonder if the giraffe minded being covered in packing tape... lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha...you have such a fun imagination, Jane!

      Delete