Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blog Award Time!

Wow, March already? When did Christmas come and go? How did two months in 2012 already pass? I tell you, time just keeps picking up speed as I get older. In any case, I’m still excited about today because we are officially in the month that will bring about spring, which in turn will encourage my garden to wake up. I am really looking forward to getting back outside and playing in the dirt. There’s nothing quite like it for me.

In addition to being the start of a new month, it’s also the start to my presenting an award to a faved blogger. I’ve received blog awards from some wonderful people, and although it was intended that I pass them on, the people I wanted to pass them to already had them. So I decided to create my own and honour one blogger a month, which I will display on the side of my blog.

This month I’d like to present the award to ‘WebDebris’ over at Remembering the 70s.


Having spent a huge portion of my childhood in the 70s, this blog is a heartwarming stroll down memory lane. I hope to keep ‘reading’ about that period for a long time to come.

There are no rules to the award. You don’t need to display it on your blog if you don’t want to. Or write things about yourself. Or answer a time-limited, skill-testing question. It is just my way of saying that I think your blog is...well...funkalicious! And I’m glad I stumbled across it. So keep on doing what you’re doing. And I’ll keep on visiting.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats, WebDebris! Ooooo, git down wit yer bad funky self!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...yeah, he's a funky era kind of guy.

      Delete
  2. Confratulations WebDebris, you totally deserve this award and it's tailor made for you, lol!! LOVE this idea Martha and the name of your award is totally funkalicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The award's been ready for a few weeks, but I figured I'd wait until the first of this month, so whoever receives it will be posted on my blog the enitre month. WebDebris came to mind immediately when I chose a name. I wonder why? LOL...

      Delete
  3. Wow! Thank you very much! I too hope my blog is around for many moons to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to WebDebris! I'll have to head on over and take a peek... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun stroll down memory lane for those of us old enough to remember those days.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. His blog is very nostalgic. Pop over and visit when you get a chance.

      Delete