Friday, March 9, 2012

National Panic Day

Today is the day to let your fears spiral out of control and go wild with unrestrained hysteria!

That’s right, folks, go ahead and freak out. Pull out your hair. Shriek in public. Sob uncontrollably. Holler out your terror (use a megaphone if possible). Stand on a street corner and swear not to move from there until “things get better”. Or run down a busy street shouting like a lunatic. This holiday gives you permission to let out all the panic that lurks underneath your façade of self-control.

You’re probably thinking: “Oh no! I didn’t know about this holiday! I’m not prepared. What do I do? WHAT. DO. I. DO?”

You go to pieces! That’s what. Go ahead and panic to your heart’s content. And let out all your frustrations and anxieties by loudly proclaiming “I'm stressed as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore.”, which is similar to the statement “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore.” like in the video below.



Remember this part from the movie ‘Network’? It has to be one of my favourite scenes, ever.

Anyway...so just go ahead and let out all those fears!


6 comments:

  1. Let's see...it's been so mild here the past few days, the windshield washer fluid I put in my car on Wednesday was already all gone by yesterday afternoon. Why aren't those jugs and my resevoir bigger? ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

    You know - I feel better now, Thanks :) I think this also qualifies as a First World Problem, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does. No doubt, the panice for most people would be silly things.

      Delete
  2. You know I have never watched that movie. Now I am curious to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a bad film. I think you might enjoy it. That guy with his passionate style was my favourite.

      Delete
  3. After spending three long years in the throes of panic I refuse to go back. I'm happy to say I am fear-free and plan on staying that way. :) What a horrible holiday! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Melinda! I'm so glad to hear that. This holiday is all in fun, so it's nothing to worry about!

      Delete