Friday, March 2, 2012

Sunny Side Up

"Life... is like a box of chocolates - a cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that no one ever
asks for, unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So, you're
stuck with mostly undefinable whipped mint crap, mindlessly wolfed down when there's
nothing else to eat while you're watching the game. Sure, once is a while you get a peanut
butter cup or an English toffee but it's gone too fast and the taste is fleeting. In the end, you
are left with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts, which,
if you are desperate enough to eat, leaves nothing but an empty box of useless brown paper."
- The X-Files -

This week’s end of the week smile is a funny ad. Like it says on the website where I found this video: “When road trips get long and boring, nothing spices things up quite like terrorizing your fellow drivers.”


12 comments:

  1. And to think this is why they won't give me a licence! Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not related to this woman by any chance, are you? She has a wicked sense of humour, too!

      Delete
  2. Hilarious! When we were younger, my husband used to drive me crazy by preteding to turn his wheel into oncoming traffic! Love the chocolate quote as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...young and crazy! Makes for funny memories.

      Delete
  3. I used to love the X files. Usually. Some of them were pretty scary, but that quote is great. Love the video too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a fan of the X-Files, too. Some of the shows were great.

      Delete
  4. Lol great video. Reminds of my best friend. He was traveling with his wife who was asleep in the passenger side. He had gotten behind a wrecker that was pulling a semi. The semi was facing my best friend's car. Well as cruel as it sounds but oh so funny as well... my friend yelled out "Oh my god!" and his wife woke and screamed when she saw what she thought was a semi coming right at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Har har har...oh, that poor woman! I'm surprised she didn't have a heart attack! That is cruel...but very funny.

      Delete
  5. I love that quote! So so true,lol

    That video was a hoot. I love the lady's delight, evil woman,ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that quote is hilarious. A way more interesting version of 'Life is like a box of chocolates...'.

      Delete
  6. The video was funny, but I love that quote even more!!! I used to watch the X-files with ruthless dedication, I adored that show! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great show. I use to watch it regularly, as well. Some of the topics were fantastic.

      Delete