Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tune Time – Summer Breeze

This easygoing tune has been covered by multiple artists, but this version is by far my favourite. Seals and Croft released ‘Summer Breeze’ in 1972 and it reached #6 on pop and #4 on easy listening Billboard magazine charts. Bet you never knew that one of the distinctive backing instruments in this oldie but goldie is a child's toy piano.

Bruce Eder of Allmusic referred to ‘Summer Breeze’ as “one of those relentlessly appealing 1970s harmony-rock anthems, appropriately ubiquitous on the radio and in the memory".

He’s got that right.


8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I remember when this was #1 on the charts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not surprising. It's a very enjoyable tune.

      Delete
  2. This is one of my all-time favourite songs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. It's such a laid back tune that you can't help but like it.

      Delete
  3. Great song from the 70s. Timeless classic that you can still sit back and enjoy even today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. The 70s produced a lot of good music.

      Delete
  4. Reminds me of being on the beach at Jekyll Island! And no, I didn't know that was a toy piano in the background, couldn't hear it on my cheap radio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha...I think we all had a cheap radio at some point!

      Delete