Sunday, April 8, 2012

Beautiful Little Signs Of Life

“There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are
simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story.”
- Linda Hogan -

Nature speaks to us each spring when the first signs of life begin to show themselves in our gardens.


It’s amazing how underneath the cold, winter ground these little plants lay dormant, waiting for the right moment to rise.


When the spring approaches, I comb my garden looking for these tiny bits of greenary; a sure sign that my favourite season of the year is on its way.


What’s even more incredible is that most of these tiny signs of life will produce the most glorious flowers that my camera will dance with this season.


Some of the flowers will be fleeting, gracing my garden for a short period of time, but breathtaking, nonetheless, while they last. Others will blanket it with colour all season long.


But no matter how long they last, they are all welcome here.


6 comments:

  1. A garden coming to life is a miracle that I am so happy to appreciate. So happy to know you and your joy of flowers.
    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to know you, Kay! You are like a ray of sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, your garden is a little ahead of ours. I understand your excitement this time of year.....we are always so pleased that most of the plants survive the winter......guess that's what they're 'programmed' to do. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather is warmer, so our plants are encouraged to poke their little heads out a little earlier. It's still a fairly short gardening season, though. Annuals and veggies don't get started until the end of May. I wish we had more time, but I'll take what I can get!

      Delete
  4. Haha, I love that expression you used: "comb the garden" because that's exactly what I do! Crawl around looking for signs of life, hoping my peeps survived :) I was just out there today for 3 hours and it looks like everything survived - that's the ones that are no longer under snow, lol. One half of my yard against the back fence is still buried - we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather has turned on us, so I haven't had a chance to really get outdoors. 3 hours? Wow, that sounds heavenly! I hope all your snow melts soon. Be gone with it! Snow being around this time of year is sinful! Lol...

      Delete