Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Garden Keeps Growing

Once April kicks in, my plants begin to grow in leaps and bounds making every day an exciting stroll through the garden.


Pulmonaria saccharata ‘Sissinghurst White’ is one of the first perennials to bloom in the spring. In addition to the pretty white flowers, this lovely plant has attractive foliage.



This is Helleborus × hybridus ‘Peppermint Ice’. This is the first year that this plant is blooming, so it’s quite a treat.



Euphorbia polychrome is just getting started, but when the flowers finally emerge, it will be a spectacular display.



The daffodils are slowing down by now, but some of the blooms are still gracing my garden.



Iris pallida ‘Aureo Variegata’ is growing rapidly. I have yet to see it bloom; I’m hoping this year it will surprise me with flowers.



No need for me to plant a magnolia tree when I can enjoy the one in my neighbour’s yard. Part of it hangs in my garden, so I get to enjoy the blooms, too. The buds are there, so it won’t be long until this tree is in its full glory.




The tulips near my kitchen are preparing to put on a show. Can’t wait!



Pulsatilla vulgaris has decided that it’s time to show the world what it’s made of. This little plant blooms in early spring and produces crocus-like flowers in shades of lilac to violet-purple.




That’s it for now. There are a lot of plants growing like weeds, so I expect to be very busy in the garden soon. With camera in hand!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely garden you have, it must be lovely to stroll through each day. :) My tulips are blooming right now too, so beautiful and spring-like. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strolling through my garden is one of my favourite things to do. You never know what lovely surprise you'll find!

      Delete
  2. Your flowers looks wonderful! So nice to see color in the garden again! My tulips are opening now too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very nice to see colour in the garden again. It's been much too long!

      Delete
  3. I really love Peppermint Ice :) Love the tulip as well - gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Peppermint ice flowers are so nice, and such a treat since this plant is blooming for the first time!

      Delete