Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Health Officials Warn Of Infectious Disease!

Apparently, there is a very infectios disease circulating around the internet at an alarming rate called “Duck Face”. Here are some images of actual victims to help you identify it.



Facebook and MySpace users seem especially susceptible to this strange ailment as a considerable amount of members are infected by it.



Though predominantly found in women, men have been found to be stricken with it as well.



There are minor cases where the disease is clearly in its early stages.



And very severe ones.



Couples are sometimes infected simultaneously.



As well as entire groups.



The disease has intensified with the rise of social networking, but the origin of “Duck Face” is frequently claimed to have started with Derek Zoolander and his trademark look “Blue Steel” that has a striking resemblance to “Duck Face”. (Have you seen the movie Zoolander?)


Other claims state that it may have begun with this shifty character...


The most unsettling thing is that children are starting to show symptoms.


A cure has yet to be found, but treatment for symptoms includes deletion of social networking accounts, and in severe cases, giving up ownership of a computer.



Be careful out there, folks. This is highly contagious and no one is immune to it.

No one.


14 comments:

  1. Haha!! I think Daffy is to blame because I know I was making the 'Duck Face' longer before Zoolander! My daughter was also a victim to this condition throughout her teens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...you are probably right, Jane! I'd have to go through my old photos, but I'm pretty sure I'd find something similar in my past!

      Delete
  2. Too funny! My 10 month old son has been making this face for a couple of months. Our friends started calling it his duck face but I thought that was because of his love for the duck song... Apparently I am out of the loop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm out of the loop, too. I recently ran across this. I had no idea about it.

      Delete
  3. Ha, I would never do this, my face is bad enough without poking my lips out!
    Isn't it funny that my Dad had a face like this and we posted this on the same day? We must think alike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike, Kay! And silly ones, too :)

      Delete
  4. Oh martha, this is so funny. there is a very irritating commercial on tv right now advertizing a face wash (dove???) Anyway the girl makes this face all the way thru it. Most annoying but now thanks to you i know she has the duck face disease!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's a disease, so maybe we can be more understanding and sympathetic...LOL...

      Delete
  5. And I thought my generation was weird...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our generation was definitely weird like all generations are. This one is just a different kind of weird!

      Delete
  6. Hahaha...this quacked me up! Thank you, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Stop in any time for a smile fix...LOL...

      Delete