Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hello There, Mr. Woodpecker

Or is it Mrs?


It’s rare I catch a glimpse of a woodpecker. And whenever I do, my camera is never on hand. I have to race to get it and race back, all the while hoping the woodpecker is still around.


And then I don’t dare step outside in fear that I will startle it and it’ll leave.


So I open my window, snap photos from a distance and hope for the best. These shots aren’t award-winning, but at least I caught this cutie on time.


I hope to spot more woodpeckers in my backyard as I putter around the garden this year. I’ll make sure to have my camera on hand!

6 comments:

  1. Martha girl ! This might be the same woodpecker John saw a few days ago .. we think he might have been looking for the Mountain Ash tree we used to have in the back garden .. it isn't there any more so I think he was a bit disappointed ?
    Great shots girl .. it is very hard to get pictures of the unusual birds isn't it ? LOL
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You confused him, Joy! He's wondering where the heck it went. It sure it tough to get shots of these birds. It's almost as if they purposely avoid the camera!

      Delete
  2. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!! Great shots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those moments where I wish I had been outside to step closer. Darn those birds!

      Delete
  3. You have a cool variety of animals in your backyard :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do. Bribery with food really helps bring them in...LOL...

      Delete