Thursday, April 12, 2012

Henri, Le Chat Noir, Suffers From Ennui

This video of Henri the black cat that suffers from ennui (boredom) is so funny. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.



MSN news had this to say about Henri:

"We typically avoid movies with subtitles, but we're making all kinds of exceptions for Henri, the existential house cat. Henri is the anti-Hello Kitty, a morose French feline who spends his time dissecting the absurdity of his daily grooming rituals and the despair of his solitary existence. Oh, and sometimes he updates his Facebook page. "I suppose that's my lot in life," he sighs. "To be watched endlessly, but never understood."

"After seeing this, you'll either immediately click to get to Henri's first video or spend the afternoon wondering whatever happened to your Nietzsche-reading sophomore year roommate."

8 comments:

  1. I LOVED these! Highlight of my day watching this - hilarious! And isn't Henri a handsome chap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure is. Maybe he just needs a little catnip to change his perspective...LOL...

      Delete
  2. "I'm surrounded by morons." Poor Henri!! Endlessly amusing :) I'm heading over to watch his first video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He must have emigrated. That is a Scottish Cat. Of course part of France was part of Angle-Land when the Saxons invaded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will, of course, recall "the auld alliance".

      Delete
    2. I do. But I was referring to Henri emigrating. He's an American; his roots must stem from there.

      Delete