Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Today's Trivia - The Illinois-Shaped Cornflake

Next time you pour yourself a bowl of cornflakes, you might want to check the shape of each flake before you gobble it down. Because one of them might be worth over a thousand dollars.

Two sisters from Virginia sold an Illinois-shaped corn flake on eBay for $1,350 to Monty Kerr of Austin, Texas, owner of the trivia website TriviaMania.com. Kerr wanted to add the corn flake to a traveling museum, a collection of pop culture and Americana items. It wasn’t the first flake that he took an interest in. He purchased a flake billed as the world’s largest, but by the time it was delivered, it had crumbled into three pieces.

A cereal flake worth $1,350? Really? Just when I thought I’d heard it all...

10 comments:

  1. This is so funny!
    Silly me, I always just EAT my cereal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should pay more attention, too. There's no telling what I'll find in my cereal bowl.

      Delete
  2. This is madness! Where would we be without ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thought of that 'world's largest' cornflake arriving in three pieces is too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha. At least finding Jesus in your toast has some cultural significance. Who would recognize Illinois except maybe a few people who live there??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It's like me finding one shaped like Ontario.

      Delete