Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tune Time – Hurts So Good

I’ve always been a fan of American singer-songwriter John Mellencamp, and am particularly fond of this 1982 tune that he performed as John Cougar. ‘Hurts So Good’ hit number one on Billboard's Hot Tracks mainstream rock chart. It peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 on 7 August 1982 and, although it failed to make number one, it spent 16 weeks in the top 10, the longest time for any song in the 1980s. It was listed at #83 on Billboard's Greatest Songs of All Time. The song also reached #39 on the New Zealand Top 50, and was also a hit in Canada reaching #3 on RPM magazine's Top 50 Singles chart.


2 comments:

  1. I used to sing this song into my hairbrush,full volume in my room. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha... I think we've all sung into our brushes at one point. In fact, sometimes I still do :)

      Delete