Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tune Time - Let Your Love Flow

This charming 1976 tune by the Bellamy Brothers reached Number One on the 1976 Billboard Hot 100 charts, #2 on Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks and #21 on Hot Country Singles. It was also an international hit, landing on the charts in the UK, Scandinavia and West Germany where the Bellamy Brothers' record spent five weeks at #1. In 2008 the song was used in an advert in the United Kingdom for Barclaycard. Subsequently, the song re-entered the UK Singles Chart and peaked at #21.



Because it played during its closing credits, this song brings to mind the 1980 movie “Little Darlings”, a story about a group of teenage girls from Atlanta who go to summer camp, two of whom make a bet as to which one will lose her virginity first. The two girls, both 15-years-old and from different sides of the tracks, then choose "targets", or guys they want to be the ones they lose their virginity with. Unbeknownst to the adults, all the girls in camp bet money on the contest and divide into two "teams," each rooting for and egging on either Ferris (Tatum O'Neal) or Angel (Kristy McNichol). At the same time, the girls engage in typical teenage behavior, such as food fights and other activities. It was in this film where all my teenage friends and I discovered Matt Dillon. And. Went. Absolutely. GAGA Over. Him. He wasn’t portrayed as the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he was so darn cute.

Here’s a clip from the movie, the one in which Randy (Matt Dillon) and Angel (Kristy McNichol) meet:


6 comments:

  1. I've never seen this movie - but now I want to! Ha, I just cringe when I think of my teenage self...and all my little concerns and obsessions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cute move. It'll bring you back to your teen years. And you'll cringe some more...LOL...

      Delete
  2. I haven't thought of that movie in years upon years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was a long time ago. Way back in the 70s! Our childhood years :)

      Delete
  3. I know that song! Now its stuck in my head,lol

    I first saw Matt Dillion on The OUtsiders...le sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...yes le BIG sigh. Wasn't he just the dreamiest? I. WAS. In. Love. when I first saw him...

      Delete