Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Backyard Paparazza

Noun

singular - (m) backyard paparazzo or (f) backyard paparazza
plural - backyard paparazzi


- A freelance photographer who stalks pursues backyard critters and attempts to obtain candid, surreptitious or surprise shots, but not posed pictures, of innocent animals and their families, often for publication on personal blogs. Many backyard paparazzi are obnoxiously aggressive in their stalking pursuit of chipmunks and other backyard animals, seeking to take pictures that show them in unflattering, embarrassing situations.


So I get a new camera and before you know it, I’m turning into a backyard paparazza; taking invasive, candid photos of innocent creatures. There is no privacy anymore for the winged and furry. None of them are safe from the camera lens. Not even while they bathe.

Take Mr. Robin, for example. I hid behind my BBQ and snapped photos of him while he washed. I’m not only becoming a paparazza and exploiting the lives of small critters on my blog, but I’m turning into somewhat of a pervert, too. I’m taking photos of them bathing, for goodness sake. Bathing.

But does the shame stop me? No...

Thankfully, Mr. Robin had his back turned, so this post is rated PG. This time...

I posted a lot of the photos I snapped, so you can get an idea of how much he enjoys his bath. Because no one enjoys a bath quite like Mr. Robin. He takes one several times a day with gusto. As you stroll through the images, you will get a feel for how much pleasure he derives from this part of his day.
















And right when you think he's all done...


...he starts all over again...







Okay, so now that you’ve looked at the photos of Mr. Robin bathing, doesn’t that make you a bit of a pervert, too? Hm?

Incidentally, Mr. Robin is filing suit for the installation of a shower curtain on the bird bath. The case is pending.

12 comments:

  1. It is amazing how much water they splash, isn't it? And yes, I enjoyed this robin bathing!
    I need a bigger birdbath for the bigger birds, the brown thrasher is the same size as a robin, perhaps, he would bathe if we had a bigger one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them need more space to really enjoy the bath. I have two big baths like this, and then I have really small ones scattered around the garden, which are mostly used to drink from. I love watching the birds bathe; they really enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. LOL! Great photos of Mr. Robin in the bath! They really are wonderful photos. I would love to be able to get shots like that. You're inspiring to me.

    Oh, and maybe it is more forgivable to take photos of Mr. Robin bathing... after all, he does come complete with a downy jacket. Now... if he had taken off his stunning jacket... hmmm...... then I might be a bit concerned. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes so much patience to get these photos. This is the first time I've ever captured Mr. Robin bathing like this. The timing was perfect. I just happened to be outside when he decided to take a dip.

      Ha ha...love your comment... Yes, I suppose he's still dressed...what will all those feathers!

      Delete
  3. I'm not a pervert - I'm an admirer!! Wonderful photos, he's a lovely little chap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's my favourite little dude! He's a lot more used to me now, so he doesn't scare easy; that makes him a wonderful camera subject.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Debra! I am so happy to see you back here :)

      Delete
  5. Spectacular Photos! How lucky for us that you were 'stalking' Mr. Robin!!! lol
    Nice job and I won't say a word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...no, don't say a word! I really have become a stalker...but loving every minute of it.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that camera takes really great photos!

    ReplyDelete