Monday, May 14, 2012

Book It – The Dead Zone

This week’s featured book:

The Dead Zone
Author: Stephen King

Overview:

John Smith awakens from an interminable coma with an accursed power - the power to see the future and the terrible fate awaiting mankind in...the dead zone.


My Comments:

I’m not a big fan of Stephen King, but I do pick up a story of his every now and then, especially if I run across one that is not horror-based (there are only so many horror novels I can handle).

This is a suspenseful and slightly chilling story minus the ghouls and demons, so if you’re not really into horror stories but want to sample Stephen King, give this one a try. I think you’ll really enjoy it.

Once you’re done reading it, consider watching the movie with Christopher Walken playing the part of ‘Johnny’. I really like Walken; he’s one of the most talented performers, in my humble opinion.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read the book, but it was the first movie I'd seen starring Christopher Walken. I agree, he is brilliant and I loved the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always liked Christopher Walken. I think he should have been much more popular.

      Delete
  2. I will take this under advisement Martha. I am easily 'freaked out' and I think King is a master at doing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a great book. I think you'll enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. His nonfiction book, "ON WRITING," is one that I truly enjoyed. You should read it, I think you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about that book. I'll look into it. Thanks, Kay.

      Delete