Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spending The Night With Bryan Adams

Okay, so I didn’t really spend the night with Bryan Adams. At least not in the way that some of you may have thought when you saw the title to this post (you dirty-minded people, you), but I did attend his concert. Last night. Right here in Kingston, Ontario. His birth city.

And...

I loved it. He was amazing! The show was over two hours long, and he didn’t stop singing or bouncing around the stage the whole time. So much energy. So much talent. So much good music. His voice is extremely impressive for a live performance. Better than I would have hoped for. It could easily have been one of his CDs playing; that’s how well he sings. And that’s important, because some songs on CDs are so studio-enhanced that when a band plays live, they sound terrible. But not Bryan. He rocked.

ROCKED!

I was a little disappointed that he didn’t perform my favourite of his songs “Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?” I was sitting on the edge of my seat all night long waiting for it. And was stunned when the show was over and it hadn’t been played. Boo hoo...

But he did perform this one, which sort of made up for it.



Summer of ’69 is one of his most popular tunes, so you can well imagine that the crowd went wild when he performed it.

For those of you who don’t know who this talented guy is, Bryan Adams is a Canadian rock singer-songwriter, guitarist, bassist, producer, actor and photographer. One of my favourite musicians.

Here is what our local paper had to say about his performance: The indestructible Bryan Adams

10 comments:

  1. I remember he had a hit in UK which stayed at No.1 for MONTHS! Sounds like you had a great evening. I think it's great that he goes back to perform in his birthplace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hadn't done a Canadian tour in years, so he's enjoying a lot of attention!

      Delete
  2. Bryan adams, eh? Lucky girl to have spent the night with him - one way or the other. He has certainly kept his Cdn identity. Very proud of 'our bryan'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are very proud of him. He's a Canuck at heart, and an amazing musician!

      Delete
  3. This is a great tune. Of course I love it even more now that I am learning to play my first real six string. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, WebDebris. You must be having a blast with that.

      Delete
  4. Lucky you! It looks like he is so joyful in this concert! So glad you got to see him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was amazing; sang his heart out. It was worth every dime for those tickets to see him perform.

      Delete
  5. He IS an awesome musician (and cute too)! I love dancing to Summer of 69.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is awesome (and cute!!). I really enjoyed watching him perform.

      Delete