Friday, May 4, 2012

Sunny Side Up

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."
- Atticus Finch -

This week’s sunny side up is a video of scenes and quotations from one of my favourite movies: ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’. It focuses on Atticus Finch, one of my favorite father figures in literary history. He's a strong character who is willing to stand up for what he believes – no matter the opposition.



(The book, by Harper Lee, is even better. Just thought I’d mention that.)

Enjoy the weekend!

6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful book. And I think an amazingly good movie too. One of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read the book and watched the movie a few times. I can never get tired of it. There is so much we can learn from this story.

      Delete
  2. One of my favourite movies and books too. Both are true classics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. What a great world this would be if we had more people like Atticus Finch in it.

      Delete
  3. A 'ground-breaking' novel/movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so. I first read the book in high school, and still consider it one of my favourites years later.

      Delete