Friday, June 1, 2012

Blog Award Time!

“It is the month of June,
The month of leaves and roses,
When pleasant sights salute the eyes,
And pleasant scents the noses.”
- Nathaniel Parker Willis -

Happy June, everyone!

Can you believe how far into the year we already are? Although I love this month, I wouldn’t have minded if May – or even April – had stuck around for a little longer. Our summer is much too short where I live, and I’m not in a rush to get back to the colder months of the year. Brrrr... YUCK!

Anyway.

In addition to being the start of another new month, it’s also the start of another award presentation to a favourite blogger. As always, it’s very hard to settle on only one because there are so many of you that I’d like to offer it to. But select one I must do, so here it is:

This month I’d like to present the award...


...to this blogger:


Anyone recognize who this is? [smirk]

Those hands belong to Debra, the author of the amazing blog ‘She Who Seeks’. Her blog (and I quote from her header) is all about “Random Thoughts on Random Subjects with No Real Purpose in Mind”.

Debra has a smile and a kind word for everyone. She bounces around all over the internet visiting an assortment of blogs, always leaving a short but friendly comment. She may not stick around for very long (like a true introvert), but her visits are like a ray of sunshine.

If you haven't run across her blog yet, head over there right away. Go already. It is a fun place to hang out with interesting, original and entertaining posts.

Congratulations, Debra!

And remember:

There are no hard and fast rules to the award. You don’t have to display it on your blog if you don’t want to. Or write anything about yourself. Just know that I think you have a 'totally funkalicious' blog, and I’m glad I stumbled across it. The award and a link to your blog will be featured on the right sidebar of my blog for the entire month of June, so others may get a chance to discover you and enjoy what you have to offer.

And...

The image of the hands is your trademark; we all recognize you from it. So don’t go changing it now, you hear?

9 comments:

  1. Hurray! Hurray! Hurray! Three cheers for Debra! Great choice, Martha and yes we'd all recognize those gloves anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear if Debra changes the image of the gloves, we'll be confused for awhile...LOL...

      Delete
  2. Holy moly! Thank you, Martha -- I am so honoured to be given your Funkalicious Blog award. And someday I promise to leave you a huge long comment that will take 10 minutes to read, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha...somehow I doubt it, but I appreciate you saying so. I am happy to present you this award. You are one cool chick.

      Delete
  3. Congrats!! I am a big fan - great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy June - hard to believe it's here already!

      Delete
    2. I know...June already. It's scaring me that we'll be back in winter before you know it! Nooooooooo...

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to Debra, her blog is always entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is entertaining. She's got quite a sense of humour, and oodles of imagination.

      Delete