Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Garden Stroll

Well, here we are again. It’s been a beautiful weekend so far, and it looks like today will be just as nice. Yesterday morning, I hooked up with my other classmates and we joined our teacher at the Cataraqui Cemetery for our photoshoot. We had an amazing time in an amazing place with amazing people, and I came back with over 150 photos. I will write about that later this week and share some of the images I took. And in addition to those images, I will also share (at some point) some images that I took in downtown Kingston where hubby and I were last night, as well as some images around the open green space behind my home that I snapped earlier this week. The camera and I have been very busy in the past little while.

But today, let’s take a stroll through the garden and see what’s happening...


Coreopsis grandiflora 'Early Sunrise' is a new addition, and a tiny little plant, but it’s eager to start showing off what it can do. No complaints from me. Flower away my little one.




Aster alpinus 'Goliath' and Aster alpinus 'Happy End' are done blooming for now, but there are many images taken to remind me of how beautiful their flowers are.






Penstemon digitalis ‘Husker Red’ is still going strong with its pretty little flowers.




Centaurea dealbata is another recent addition that is eager to get going. The flowers are very unique, and quite lovely.




These gorgeous flowers belong to Clematis 'Rhapsody'. Aren’t they spectacular?








The daylilies are preparing to bloom, and Hemerocallis ‘Stella de Oro’ is the first to put on a show. It always is.




Fallopia japonica 'Variegata' is a beautiful foliage addition, but it will also boast clusters of fragrant white flowers in late summer.






Weigela 'French Lace' is still blooming away. I’m not sure how long it will last, but I’m enjoying it tremendously in the meantime.






Clematis 'The President' is also blooming away. I just can’t get enough of these plants. I hope to add some more Clematis to my garden at some point.






These pretty puple/pink flowers belong to Rhododendron 'Roseum Elegans'.






Gaillardia 'Dazzler' is dazzling me with its stunning flowers. This plant will be going strong all season long. You gotta love that.






The Hostas are also flowering. These pretty blooms belong to Hosta ‘Frances Williams’.






Do I really need to say anything about the magnificent Morden Sunrise? No. The roses speak for themselves.




And last, but certainly not least, Polemonium boreale ‘Heavenly Habit’ is continuing to show off its outstanding – albeit tiny – blooms.








Thank you for joining me on another garden stroll. I wish all of you a fabulous Sunday, and I wish all dads everywhere a happy father’s day.

10 comments:

  1. Martha, your pictures are stunning! They are all so gorgeous, I can not pick a favorite! They are all my favorites! :) ~~Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoying watching the garden bloom. So much colour out there!

      Delete
  2. Our clematis, peonies and irises are all growing and flowering like gangbusters this year but we only got one little bleeding heart flower on our plant. ONE! We think the clematis may be crowding it out or something. Oh, and for you Ontario people, we had nice trilliums this year too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same problem this year with my bleeding heart plant. I never thought that maybe there's another plant crowding it. I'll have to check this week.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the Sunday morning stroll, martha! I'm so glad that you enjoy sharing your garden. Certaining there were some unusual and beautiful flowers today! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Francie, you are always welcome here. I'll even share some of my plants with you if you have room in your garden :)

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed your class outing.The sheer variety and colour of flowers never fails to amaze me.Yesterday I bought a plant at a Summer Fair and now I've just found out it's one of the worlds most poisonous plants!! (It's an oleander.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just don't eat it, kitten! Those are beautiful plants, though.

      Delete
  5. Your garden is literally laden with blooms! I look forward to seeing some of your pics and hearing what secrets your teacher is sharing with you students - I hope to pick up a tip or three in the process :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's flowering like crazy out there, and I love it! So much colour. Too bad you're so far away; I'd share a lot of my plants with you. I'll write about the photography class as soon as I can. I've been so crazily busy lately, and it's been hard putting posts together.

      Delete