Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weapons Of Choice For The Zombie Apocalypse

So my daughter said the other day “I really have to start those archery lessons. You know, for the zombie apocalypse.”



There have been a lot of strange and horrific incidences in the news lately of people committing unspeakable acts, and so it’s to be expected that many individuals will start believing that a zombie apocalypse is imminent. Personally, I think we already have zombies – subhuman, dimwitted individuals - amongst us.

Here is a classic example of dimwittedness:



But anyway, just for argument’s sake, let’s say that a real zombie takeover is heading our way. How do you defend yourself? What is your weapon of choice?

Both my daughters are planning to use a bow and arrows. (Of course, this sudden interest in archery has nothing to do with Katniss Everdeen, the young bow-wielding fighter from the immensely popular book and movie “The Hunger Games”. Wink, wink...)

"A bow and arrow?" I asked. “Why on earth would you use that? Doesn’t seem like a powerful enough weapon.”

Well, it is, they tell me. You shoot those buggers in the head to destroy their brain, which is the only way to kill them. Destroying the other organs of a zombie will do absolutely nothing. So I’m told.

“But why a bow and arrows? Why not use a gun?” I asked.

“Because you can retrieve and reuse the arrows. You can’t reuse a bullet, and eventually you'll run out of ammunition.” Duh.

Oh.

This is why I send my kids to school. So they can be smart like this. In case of a zombie apocalypse.

Personally, I like the comment Jane made on a post I made in March where she stated that she’d simply head to a research facility in Antarctica where they’d never find her. That was her answer to my question: “What skills do you possess that would help you survive a zombie apocalypse?”. Very cool idea.


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They may actually have a chance to survive the zombie apocalypse.

      Delete
  2. Lol, the best advice (which is never heeded, I might add) is "Do Not Split Up!! Bows and arrows are cool - Legolas barely broke a sweat in LOTR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is never heeded! People always drift away from each other and then BAM the zombie gets them. LOL...

      Delete
  3. I can't believe you are talking about the zombie apocalypse. My husband and I are constantly talking about it. We even found a zombie apocalypse training camp in NJ. There you learn to shoot, combat, and other survival techniques, such as storing food, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder just how busy that camp is. There are so many companies profiting from the zombie apocalypse belief. Training camps, so far, are the most interesting.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely loved this blog, Martha! Her I am blogging about housework while you are blogging about the really important things. I must get with the Zombie apocalypse I think. First I need to know how people turn into zombies.???? I have a feeling it isn't like turning into a vampire because you were bitten by a vampire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the contrary, Francie, perhaps I should be concentrating on cleaning up rather than zombies...:) I'm not entirely sure how one turns into a zombie. A couple of things that may do it: virus, brain parasites, neurotoxins...and on and on... It's not beyond possibility that humans could get infected with a brain virus that will make us act strange, so be prepared, Francie. Pick up a bow and arrows! LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a proud owner of the Zombie Surivival Guide. It is written by Max Brooks (son of the famous comedian Mel Brooks) and I have to say it was one of the best reads of all time for me. Not only are bow and arrows reuseable but they make no sound. Which is very important when zombies are about. What can I say, I am a zombie fanatic. Can't wait for the apocalypse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you're all prepared. As for me, I don't stand a chance. I haven't been educating myself on zombie matters, so when the apocalypse arrives, I'm DOOMED!

      Delete
  7. Try a crossbow or crowbar but always aim for the head.

    ReplyDelete