Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blog Award Time!

"Hot July brings cooling showers,
Apricots and gillyflowers."
- Sara Coleridge (Pretty Lessons in Verse) -

Happy July, to all!

I just can’t believe how far into the year we already are. It’s a little scary if you ask me. I don’t want these nice months to pass so quickly. I’m not a fan of...brrrr...winter! But it’s still nice out, so I’ll stop brooding about what’s up ahead, and enjoy the here and now.

Moving along...

In addition to it being the start of a new month, it’s also the start of another award presentation to a beloved blogger. It’s always difficult to settle on only one of you each month, but there’s really no choice.

This month I’d like to present the award to Jane, the author of Jane’s Jewels, a blog that I’m sure many of you are familiar with --- and are fans of.


I discovered Jane’s blog quite awhile back and have been a faithful follower since. She’s an integral part of my beloved blogging circle of friends, and one of the nicest people I’ve had the good fortune to get to know. Perhaps one day we’ll meet in person.

If you haven't run across her blog yet, you are missing out, so head over there now. Right now.. It is a wonderful place to visit with very interesting and unique posts, and beautiful images.

Congratulations, Jane!

And remember:

There are no hard and fast rules to the award. You don’t have to display it on your blog if you don’t want to. Or write anything about yourself. Just know that I think you have a 'totally funkalicious' blog, and I’m glad I stumbled across it. The award and a link to your blog will be featured on the right sidebar of my blog for the entire month of July, so others may get a chance to discover you and enjoy what you have to offer.

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Jane! I love her blog,it's one of my favourites because she's always got something interesting and quirky to talk about and yes, her photos are fab as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's certainly a very special member of our wonderful blogging circle.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Jane! Hurray! A well earned honour! And happy Canada Day to you Martha! I'm looking forward to your Canada Day photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her blog is great, and I enjoy her posts very much.

      Sadly, I don't have photos to share, Francie :) It's kind of sad, but I'll work on putting together other images.

      Delete
  3. I hopped over and visited Jane's blog, new to me. Very nice, love her photos.
    Have a great weekend Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very lovely and fun blog to visit. I hope you had a great Canada Day weekend!

      Delete
  4. A worthy choice for the mantle of funkaliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyy!!! What a very pleasant surprise! I have now offically arrived, lol! Thank you so much Martha, I absolutely love your blog and the Totally Funkalicious Award and feel very honoured to have been chosen for it. You are an integral part of my blogging circle as well and I hope to meet you very soon, hopefully later this summer if all goes well. Thanks again, I will do my best to be Totally Funkalicious all month long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...yes, you have. You are on my favourite bloggers list, for sure.

      That would be sooooo awesome, Jane, if you manage to get here later this summer. Fingers crossed that it will work out!

      Delete