Saturday, July 28, 2012

Tune Time – Born To Be Alive

This song, which hit it big near the end of the disco era, takes takes me back to my teenage years. I was only 14 in 1979 when this song was released, so it would be awhile yet before I was dancing to it at the clubs. Yes, folks, I did enjoy disco tunes when I went out with my friends – and danced up a storm even though my favourite style of music was - and continues to be - classic rock. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to spice up your social life.

Born to be alive was a smash hit in France, and became one of the biggest singles there. It also hit number one on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Play chart.


4 comments:

  1. I didn't remember this song until I started playing the video -- oh yeah, now I remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very old song, and you really do have to listen to it to remember what it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate disco but for some reason I have always like this song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't sound like some of the other annoying tunes. It has a much better beat to it.

      Delete