Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Flowery Sunday Stroll

It’s been a busy couple of weeks as my husband and I have been driving here, there and everywhere during his vacation period. We’ve dropped in to a couple of different towns, driven through numerous country roads and even visited the Toronto Zoo, which was the highlight of this period. We had a wonderful time and I took hundreds of photos, some of which I will share over the next few weeks.

But I’m also looking forward to getting back to a normal routine and a bit of a slower pace, because during this time, I fell behind on a lot of things that I’ll need to catch up on. I’m already tired just thinking about what needs to be done. Still. It was worth it.

Today, as we wrap up this holiday period, we begin to slow things down, and what better way to do that than by taking a leisurely stroll through the garden.

Come along with me...















Well, I certainly feel more relaxed. Now, let’s go get some refreshments.

Oh, before we go, I just wanted to mention that I’ve really missed having Jane around. Her absence is certainly felt in our blogging circle. Jane, hurry up and heal, so you can join us.

Just thought I’d mention it.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful variety of blooms. Isn't it lovely to have daycations out and about in our local area. We've been doing lots of that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is lovely. And there are so many places to visit around where we live. We are very fortunate to be in such a beautiful part of Canada.

      Delete
  2. Your garden photos have made me really 'look' at flowers properly. Jane has the same effect, I've been missing the little blondie myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be nice to have her back in the blogging world. I hope she's feeling better.

      Delete
  3. Martha, they are looking beautiful and less dry as well. Did the weather get better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure did. We've had more rain in August and the weather is cooler. Very comfortable for the plants - and for the people, too!

      Delete
  4. Dear Martha,
    Lovely stroll around the garden. Thank you.
    I have given you an award today. Look at my post from today!!
    If you don't "do" awards, that's okay, but you really do deserve it, you are so creative.
    Love,
    Kay P.S. I miss Jane too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kay, really? I'll have to head over there right now!! I had no idea. I'm catching up on the comments on my blog this morning, and this is a lovely surprise.

      Delete
  5. Martha, your photos are always a joy to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Martha, your flower blossoms are gorgeous! I can't wait to see pics of the TO Zoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jim. At some point - when I'm finished sorting the dozens of photos I took - I'll share some of my favourites.

      Delete