Thursday, August 30, 2012

Are You Smarter Than A Preschooler?

Here’s a puzzle that will determine whether or not you’re smarter than a preschooler.


Look at the picture again.


Is it going right? Or left?
.
.
.
.
.
Think carefully.
.
.
.
.
.
Think hard.
.
.
.
.
.
Take your time.
.
.
.
.
.
Just think.
.
.
.
.
.
Still don’t know? Not sure? Give up?

Okay.

Now, listen to this.

This picture was shown to preschool children in the United States, and when they were asked which way the bus was going, 90% of them responded that the school bus was going left.

When asked “why”, they said “Because you can’t see the door to get on the bus.”

How do you feel now?

I know. Me, too.


22 comments:

  1. Going back to preschool would be fun and I obviously need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would be fun. Being an adult is overrated.

      Delete
  2. But now c'mon, when was the last time I rode a bus and had to 'interact' with a bus? It's been about 2 decades! And a preschooler gets on a bus every day, and so the image of a bus and interacting with it is fresh in their mind. Not fresh in my mind. -- Is that a good excuse for why I failed at this pop quiz? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that is a pretty good argument. But you still fail! You can join us all in pre-school.

      Delete
  3. Oh great. Now my brain is failing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... Well, you're certainly not alone in that.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh...I actually got this right! And I'm usually not that good at this sort of thing. Does that mean I have the brain of a four-year-old? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are an exception, Beth! Hahahahha...love that last remark :o

      Delete
  5. And I was feeling so smart today!! lol ouch.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahahahahahaha! I didn't get it at all until the kids explained it. That is wonderful! Thanks Martha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of us don't. We don't keep it simple enough.

      Delete
  7. Shit.... my answer was the school bus was parked :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...I love that, Ana! That is quite unique :)

      Delete
  8. But... but... but... I was just in the UK, and their buses have the doors on the other side! (Seriously, seeing people drive on the "wrong" side of the street didn't bother me at all - but bus stops being on the "wrong" side, that really confused me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sure is confusing. I'd be constantly in danger of being run over!

      Delete