Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blog Award Time!

"The brilliant poppy flaunts her head
Amidst the ripening grain,
And adds her voice to sell the song
That August's here again."

- Helen Winslow -


Happy August, everyone!

Isn’t it crazy how we’re already at the start of the eighth month of this year? Quite unnerving, I tell you. Before you know it, we’ll be raking up autumn leaves. Eeeek...

Okay, let’s move on to happy things...

In addition to it being the start of a new month, it’s also the start of another award presentation to a favourite blogger. And as I’ve said ad nauseam, it’s very difficult to choose just one of you each month. But I must.

This month I’d like to present the award to Jim, the author of Ocean Breezes, a blog that some of you are followers of.


I was stalking following Debra one day (author of 'She Who Seeks'), curious to learn a little more about her (she’s such a mysterious one, you know), and she stopped off at Jim’s blog --- where I quickly became a fan.

What’s there not to like about Jim? He’s funny and philosophical and warm and friendly --- and he had the most fantastic hippie look back in the 70s that you can see on this page. (Isn’t that the funkiest image? It takes me back to some of the best years of my life.)

Anyway, Jim is a classic example of a laid back, friendly maritimer (someone who lives on the east coast of Canada). And if you haven't run across his blog yet, head over there now. Right now. Drop what you’re doing and go for a visit. It is a great place to hang out where you will find fun and interesting posts, and beautiful images.

Congratulations, Jim!

And remember:

There are no hard and fast rules to the award. You don’t have to display it on your blog if you don’t want to. Or write anything about yourself. Just know that I think you have a 'totally funkalicious' blog, and I’m glad I stumbled across it. The award and a link to your blog will be featured on the right sidebar of my blog for the entire month of August, so others may get a chance to discover you and enjoy what you have to offer.

17 comments:

  1. You certainly picked the right one.
    I love Jim!
    Congratulations to him on his award. He is Funkalicious!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been on my list for awhile and I finally got to him. He's as Funkalicious as they come!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Jim, I will pop over to his blog this very minute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a really nice guy and I'm glad I stumbled on his blog (by stalking Debra! hehehe)

      Delete
  3. SUPER choice, Martha! I lurves me that Jim and his Ocean Breezes blog so much! Full of beautiful photography, zen wisdom and the occastional hippy flashback -- TOTALLY funkalicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, he's terrific. I feel so relaxed when I'm reading his posts. A true Maritimer.

      Delete
  4. Congrats to Jim - I love his photography and philosophical musings as well. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Yes Debra is quite mysterious. for a while i thought she might be Ralph Kline's wife. I've given that theory up but I keep guessing! Anyway I'll check out Jim's blog for sure, seeing as it comes so highly recommended! Maybe Debra is KD Lang in disguise. Isn't she from Alberta??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha...oh that's a hoot, Francie! Perhaps the mystery of Debra will one day be solved. For now, we can just enjoy her lovely blog and her warm personality. And as for Jim, his blog is worth visiting. He's an example of yet another terrific Canadian.

      Delete
  6. You picked a good one Martha...my Daddio Jim...if you need more secrets answered just yell...I'm easy!
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...perhaps I'll call on you one day, Sophie, to share some secrets! I'll make it worth your while with some doggy biscuits.

      Delete
  7. WOW! Martha, I am blushing! I am not good in the 'limelight', why do you think I blog? lol
    Thanks so much! I am glad you found me because I found you in return!! I will 'wear' my award proudly, like any old hippie would!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Jim. At least you won't have a gazillion people showing up at your blog like they did after Mark announced your birthday in one of his posts and told all his followers to head over to your place. Now that was being in the limelight! You gotta love Mark, though. He's a lot of fun.

      Delete
  8. hahahaha this post is sooo funny! Debra can be now "woman of mystery."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is the mystery woman in our blogging circle!

      Delete
  9. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete