Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Daughter and Her Cat, Dany

My daughter called last week to wish her stepfather a happy birthday. And after she finished speaking with him, she asked for me.

My first question: “How are my girls?”

A chuckle on the other end.

Both my girls are doing fine, I’m told. My daughter has settled nicely into her new place that she’s sharing with a friend. And her cat, Dany, as you can see from the photo below that I downloaded from my daughter’s Facebook page, is also quite comfortable. Extremely so.


When Dany was with us for a couple of weeks, she loved sitting in front of the back or front windows, so my daughter set something up for her to be able to do the same in her new home. And Dany loves it. She enjoys watching the people walking by, and even calls out to my daughter when she spots her coming home.

Well, maybe not in this photo. When it’s nap time, who cares who’s going by. It’s nap time. Nothing else matters.


Is she being extensively pampered? Judging from the below photo, I would think so. How many cats get dinner in bed? Talk about amazing room service.


So Dany is doing great. My daughter is exceedingly happy that she picked up this sweet calico before she returned home. Dany is a people-loving cat and she is a wonderful companion.

My daughter is doing great, too. She found a job soon after her return to Quebec, which I was pleased about. I was also delighted to learn that she’s making some of the recipes I gave her. Before she left, I printed out, and photocopied, some easy to make meals that she enjoyed here. And I (gently) reminded her of the importance of eating healthy foods, particularly homemade healthy food.

“Try to stay away from crap.” I said to her. Exactly in those words. Because nothing quite describes crappy food like the word crap.

So it’s good news all around. Both my girls are doing fine and hoping to come for a visit some time in August. I’m very excited about that. My cats, on the other hand, not so much...


"And what's the good news?"


"You're kidding, right? I thought we were rid of that furball for good."
[sigh]

Ingrates...

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad that she's found a job so quickly and that she and Dany are settling in so well. That is one adorable cat, such a little sweetheart. I'd spoil her too! Cats are like us, they seem to have all sorts of little quirks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do have an assortment of quirks. And loads of attitude, too :)

      Delete
  2. My Mom says the exact same thing haha... Your cats have the same look mine have with regard to our outdoor cat. If they could cock an eyebrow, they would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...yes, if they could cock an eyebrow, they would!

      Delete
  3. Heehee...I guess moms everywhere must tell their children in one form or the other to "stay away from crap," both food and otherwise. :-) Benjamin just left on Sunday and, of course, I've asked him every time I talk to him since what he ate for supper. He's been saying things like "raisin bran" and "eggs" which aren't exactly crap, but still, don't exactly comprise a completely balanced diet. I suggested he consider the possibility of adding something from the vegetable or fruit food group to his diet. So last night, he told me he ate a banana.

    So glad your daughter found a job and glad that both your girls are doing well. Dany looks like such a sweet kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Beth, good luck to your son on his new adventure! Yes, moms everywhere pretty much give the same advice. Well, at least he squeezed in a banana!

      Dany is a good companion for my daughter. And it's a little life to take care of. That is a great way to learn about responsibility.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Very sweet deal. A (spoiled) much-loved 'furball'.

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear everything's working out - for everyone :) Dany looks like she is quite content to live in the lap of luxury! As the years go by, my daughter cooks more for herself than she used to - but she still eats out way more often than I'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there's a cat alive that isn't content to live in the lap of luxury. I believe they think it's their right...:)

      I think a lot of young people living on their own eat out way more than they should, but if they squeeze in some healthy, homemade food, it's better than nothing.

      Delete
  6. LOL! Dany knows how to 'work it'!! And your cats probably know this...thus that look of disbelief!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure does know how to 'work it'. She had me serving her when she was here...LOL...

      Delete
  7. Dany looks very cozy and content, but do I read a little sadness? I know, traitor, love you and then they go on to being very comfortable somewhere else as well ;-) I cook most nights, but also eat out more than I should :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha...you are right, Ana. Perhaps a tad of sadness. She has certainly moved on quickly. While she was here, I was her number one person. But, I'm happy she's become so attached to my daughter.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I've no doubt they'll do fine. They'll take care of each other.

      Delete
  9. Our cats, as most, love the window too. Except they could care less about people, but when squirrels are about, that is a whole different story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most cats love being near a window. They like to look outside and snoop what's going on!

      Delete