Monday, August 27, 2012

The Best Sighting Of This Summer

It’s been an amazing summer. I’ve toured many of the areas surrounding my beautiful city, taken thousands of photos with my beloved camera, and enjoyed a lot of time in the great outdoors --- my favourite place to be.

And last week, on Wednesday, I was fortunate enough to share a cappuccino and some delicious peach cobbler...

The peach cobbler was amazingly good until the wasps moved in!
...with one of my favourite bloggers!

Jane from Jane's Jewels in my beautiful city.
[*squeal with delight*]

Yesiree folks, that’s really Jane (on the right), author of the blog Jane’s Jewels. She came to visit her sister who lives in Kingston and we set up a date to get together while she was here. We met at Chez Piggy, a popular restaurant in the downtown area for coffee and dessert. I was really excited and nervous. But mostly excited.

She is exactly how I expected she would be: soft-spoken, gentle, warm and friendly. And she does not look her age. At all. She looks about 25 years younger! Seriously. I mean, look at her. She looks like a young adult. This is a woman who has a 25-year-old daughter, for heaven’s sake. Can you believe it?

Is she a vampire, perhaps? (Just kidding, Jane!)

I am thrilled to have been able to meet one of the friends in our blogging circle. Jane was the best sighting this summer in Kingston.

I hope that one day I’ll get to meet some of you, as well.

Happy Monday, everyone!

18 comments:

  1. be careful what you wish for, I'm begging my Mr. to put Canada on our intinerary for next year!! That is a wonderful pic of you and Jane, you both look lovely. I have often asked Miss Jane what her secret is! So glad that you managed to meet up, I'd loved to have been there. I miss Jane, she has to come back, soon.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great to meet her in person. How wonderful it would be if we could all meet in one place once a year, like a blogger's convention :)

      Come on up to Canada, Sulky. I know you will love it.

      Delete
  2. Just remembered, you have a daughter at college as well, Martha! Neither of you looks old enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to meet another blogger, it looks like you both had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful. We realized that we really exist!

      Delete
  4. You are both totally beautiful! What a special day! I was totally taken by surprise, too. I thought your blog was going to be about the restaurant. Ha ha! Wonderful blog, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...that is funny, Francie! That was my intention, to surprise everyone, but I didn't think it would work.

      Delete
  5. What fun! I suspect Jane has a portrait of herself up in the attic which ages while she stays continually youthful, like Dorian Gray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...yes, it's possible! She is amazingly youthful, but also internally beautiful.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. And the peach cobbler was delicious unitl the wasps started to get annoying and aggressive.

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, two of my favorite people together! How wonderful that you got to meet! And yes, I agree that Jane looks fantastically young but Martha, you must have been at that Fountain of Youth yourself, you both look so young!
    I would love to meet you one day, Martha, and you too, Jane! In the meantime, I am happy to see the two of you together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to meet you, too, Kay. We actually spoke about you, how bubbly and happy you are, and that you're probably exactly like that in real time. If I ever travel south, I will make it a point of meeting up with you.

      Delete
  8. Hi Martha, I just got back home from Kingston an hour ago and want to thank you so much for your very kind words & tell you that it was a true pleasure to meet you as well!!

    For anyone reading this, Martha is exactly like the very intelligent, interesting, funny, deep-thinker you've come to know and love on this blog. I recognized her immediately and felt an instant rapport between us. After our dessert (which she very kindly insisted on paying for - she's generous as well! :) we walked around downtown and she took me to three book stores and we compared notes on numerous books.

    As for my looking young - I have to say that Martha certainly doesn't look her age - in fact, I first thought that she was still parking the car and had sent her daughter in ahead of her... haha!! Seriously, Martha - you look wonderful for your age - or any age for that matter.

    It was a great afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Jane, you are too kind! Thank you for those nice words. Hahaha...I laughed with your comment about my daughter parking the car. Not true, but nice of you to say!

      I'm glad you are home safe and sound and I hope you'll be joining us again in the blogging world now that you've healed. And I also hope that you share photos of your visit to Boldt Castle! We've decided to go the weekend after labour day, so I'm really excited about that.

      It was wonderful to meet you. Next time we'll meet indoors and avoid those pesky wasps!!

      Delete
  9. I am going with vampire. She likes to wear black and one of her favorite holidays is Halloween. All the signs are there...

    Just kidding Jane ;)

    ReplyDelete