Monday, August 20, 2012

The Start Of A Busy Week

So the vacation period is over and it’s time to catch up on all the things I’ve fallen behind on. It’s been a wonderful two weeks, and whenever I get a chance to sort through – and edit - the photos I’ve taken, I’ll share some with you. I’m especially looking forward to going through the images from the Toronto Zoo. And writing about our experience there, and how I felt about it. Coming soon, I hope...

In the meantime, I leave you with the image below.


The technological advancements are good in so many ways, but also bad in others. Let’s not get addicted to them. There’s a beautiful world out there for us to discover and be a part of. So shut down all the electronics and get outside! (After you read my blog, of course. [snort])

Happy Monday, everyone. And have a great week ahead. I’m off to do the things that need to be done. Ugh...

18 comments:

  1. My wish for you today, Martha, is that you feel peace within as you tackle the "things that need to be done" after a holiday. I'm in that same mode as I tackle a full cleaning of the house today and hopefully get out to weed the gardens. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It turned out to be a full blown cleaning day. This morning was the same. I am exhausted, but definitely at peace. I am always at peace when the house is clean. Now that all this is done, I can move on to other things! I hope it went well for you yesterday. I imagine you're just as tired, too.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy getting back to routine. I'll always be out and about and not stuck on Facebook (in fact I'm probably one of the few that doesn't use it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you, Crafty. I like to do the same as often as possbible. The great outdoors is my favourite place. I do have a Facebook account, but I hardly hang out there.

      Delete
  3. Yes, a bit of a conflict of interest there, Miss Blogger! Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true, and it reminded me of that car commercial where the parents are out and about while the kids think their parents aren't cool enough because they do not have "lots of friends" on FB... I really need to give it a break myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the parents are the ones that are really enjoying themselves!

      Delete
  5. Haha.. yeah, we really do have to consciously limit our technological use/dependency. There *is* a beautiful world out there -- have a super lovely day in your corner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is beauty out there. Computers are wonderful, but shouldn't take up all our time.

      Delete
  6. That's a troubling image/message.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you have a nice week too! I actually cleaned my fridge and my venetian blinds yesterday! (Well some of them. Okay, okay, just the one in the kitchen.) But my point is I agree with you! The massive heat wave is over for awhile and we should be outside enjoying this fine weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a wonderful time of the year. The weather is cooling off and it is so nice to be outdoors. I'm going to try to make the best of it.

      Delete
  8. OK! But I have to check something first.......lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha... Okay, you do that, Jim. And then GET OUTSIDE!

      Delete
  9. Hah! When I first started reading the image I was thinking Zombies.

    ReplyDelete