Monday, September 3, 2012

It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

My daughter and all the other kids are headed back to school tomorrow.

And what’s that sound you hear? That’s me, folks --- tap dancing around the house. How could I not during the most wonderful time of the year.

I wish I could send my cats to school, too.
Aside from its educational purpose, schools were created to keep kids busy (summers are very long and eventually the kids get very bored) and off the streets.

And for preserving the sanity of parents.

So as I tap dance around the house, I’m reminded of the hilarious commercial below from Staples. The first time I saw it, I laughed so hard, tears started rolling down my cheeks.



It’s truly the most wonderful time of the year, isn’t it?

20 comments:

  1. Ha! These are hilarious. I used to hate going back myself, but my parents were thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved going to school when I was young. In high school, I hated the academic side, but loved going for the social aspects.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha.. those kids have their expressions down pat! It's actually the start of the school holidays here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Well, enjoy the school holidays! We're headed back today.

      Delete
  3. I've always loved this brilliant, BRILLIANT commercial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post today reminds me of a friend...he had just retired from the education field and was spending the first morning of school out in his boat on the lake fishing....he saw the school bus come up the road, the kids get loaded up while their mothers waved and blew them kisses...once the school bus was out of sight, the mothers started cheering, whistling and laughing! Thanks for bringing me a smile today, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha...that is hilarious, Cathy! I can just imagine how funny that scene must have been for your friend.

      Delete
  5. I guess I should 'be dancing'...yeah! We ex-teachers looked just like those kids in the commercial!!! Well, some of us anyway....
    Loved this! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...yes, I've no doubt some teachers looked like that, too!

      Delete
  6. Now I"m retired from education, back to school has a whole new meaning for me. It means I don't have to get up and pack a lunch. But it also means I can go shopping during the week and not encounter groups of kids at the malls and stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, no more kids at the stores! It'll be very quiet from now on!

      Delete
  7. hahahahaha best laugh of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you lucky Canadians, even your TV ads are good!

    Hey Martha, I have given you an award today. Check out my post!
    And you deserve it!
    Love,
    KAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Kay, really? Another one? You're spoiling me :) I'll head over there right now!

      Delete