Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tune Time – I’m Already There

This 2001 tune from American country music band Lonestar spent six weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart.

The song's narrator is a man who is on the road, and the lyric explains how he feels and how his family is responding to his absence. This also explains how much the man loves his family, and how much they mean to him. He then says that he will always be there for them in spirit, even though he is separated from them physically. The song became associated with the September 11, 2001 attacks along with family members being deployed and returning from deployment, and has been heard many times on Good Morning America.


6 comments:

  1. Nice song. Usually I know the golden oldies you post for "Tune Time" but this one is new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how popular it was in Canada. I just happened to run across it while it was popular and really liked it.

      Delete
  2. Poignant song, the sort you listen to on rainy days when you're thinking of someone you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so. You have to be in the right mood to enjoy this type of music.

      Delete
  3. This one is new to me too. I have never heard this before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I got everybody with this one! Maybe it just wasn't popular enough.

      Delete