Saturday, September 8, 2012

Tune Time - The Way We Were

This is the title song to the 1973 movie ‘The Way We Were’, which I’ve never seen. But I do love the song, which topped the Billboard Hot 100 chart for one week in 1974 and was replaced by “Love’s Theme”. It returned to number one for 2 more weeks, and also spent two weeks on top of the easy listening chart.

This song is a popular tune during high school graduations and reunions. Or any other celebration where nostalgic feelings are in the air.

It sure takes me back in time...


4 comments:

  1. It's a good, if improbable, movie. Worth renting sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into it. I've always wanted to see it.

      Delete
  2. wow... brought back memories..."Your girl is lovely, Hubbell"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This really does bring back memories. I'll have to see the movie some time.

      Delete