Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Headed Back Into The Photography Classroom

My passion for photography keeps growing and I’m eager to learn as much about it as I possibly can. And in addition to the abundance of articles about it that I’ve read, the tutorial videos I’ve watched and the thousands of pictures I’ve taken, I’ve also signed myself up for another photography course that is starting...[drum roll please]...tonight! Yes, folks, tonight!

Yippee!

"Is it worth walking over to take a picture?"
I can’t quite find the right word or expression to describe how excited I am about this. Let me try a few on for size:

Thrilled. On cloud nine. Ecstatic. In seventh heaven. Delighted. Elated. Euphoric. Hmmm...none of these seem to be the right fit. I’ll try one more...

Deliriously overjoyed?

Yes! That’s it. I’m deliriously overjoyed to be headed back into the classroom for another round of classes. Three, to be exact. In a course called “Creative Digital SLR Photography & Fall Colors”

I guess it is...
As stated on my teacher’s website: “This inspiring course is ideal for those who are familiar with their DSLR camera and now want to capture more compelling images.” Yes, please. I’d like that very much.

Look behind me. It's a wabi-sabi barn!
As I get more and more comfortable with my camera, I become more and more eager to expand my knowledge and strengthen my photos visually.

We have driven down countless country roads this year where I've taken thousands of photos.
There are so many things I still have to learn, and so many areas I want to explore. And the one thing I’ve learned in the past few months is that it takes a lot of practice, practice, practice to improve your skills. Which is something I got a lot of this summer. And something I hope to continue to do.

Whatever it takes to take the photo!
And although I intend to take whatever courses I will benefit from, I also know that no matter how much time is spent in the classroom, none of it matters unless you get out there and take, or rather, make those pictures. Not that it takes much arm twisting to get me out there. In addition to being such an amazing hobby, photography forces you to get outside and ‘see’ the world...one snapshot at a time.

The car door is one of my best photography tools!
At some point, as promised a long time ago, I hope to put together some posts about some of the things I’ve learned over time about photography. I just need to be comfortable with the knowledge I’ve acquired before I can share it with you.

I'm mostly oblivious to it, but sometimes I notice that my photo is being taken.
So I smile for the camera. And for hubby.
So that’s the latest exciting news in my life.

Do you have a hobby that you enjoy? Something you are passionate about? Please share if you do!

And the purpose of this photo is?? I really need to take the other camera away from my husband!
But tell me: "Does this pose make my butt look big?" [snort]

18 comments:

  1. I know you will enjoy this photography course. Looking forward to seeing some of the photos you will be taking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These photography classes are so much fun. We are supposed to go for a photo shoot this Saturday morning for fall colours. I hope the weather is nice so we can do it! I'll share images along the way.

      Delete
  2. Was this really you? Or was Sandra Bullock in your town to shoot a movie? Looking good, girl! (And the answer to the last question is, "no!")
    Maybe you should GIVE the photography classes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...you are sweet, Kay. And I thank you for your kind words. Although, I must say that I am far FAR from being able to teach. I am learning more and more, but I have a long way to go. In the meantime, I am having fun!

      Delete
  3. I understand your passion and am happy for you that you're starting your class tonight. Have a great time expanding your knowledge and talent in this course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cathy! The first class was great. There's a photo shoot planned for Saturday morning if the weather is nice. I hope it is!

      Delete
  4. I love the shots of your butt!!!! I think your dear Hubby loves them too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Now that's a loaded question!!! There is no correct answer, right?

    Your hubby takes a great photo. You make me feel so old.....but I am! All is good.
    Have a blast in the photog course....you are so eager to learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there is no correct - or safe - answer! LOL... You can never be old, Jim, since you're so young at heart :)

      Delete
  6. Not at all, Martha...your hubby has a good eye or two! lol So excited for you...classroom photo sessions...yum!
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...I guess he does. Yes, those photo classes are exciting!

      Delete
  7. Your husban loves you! He says so with his own photography!! What a wonderful post, Martha! I always enjoy it when bloggers give a little of themselves to their readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a really good guy. And I like to share some of my news because I've come to think of many of you as friends. I also love when you all share things about yourselves.

      Delete
  8. Oh, Martha...I am thrilled for you! And thrilled for us, too, because we get to see more of your fabulous photos and, maybe later, get to learn from what you learn.

    Haha...I just love the shots your husband takes of you. No, your butt does not look big---in fact, you look great. Clearly, your Beloved thinks so, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to throw that photo in, Beth. It made me laugh when I saw it. My husband is a great guy, and we always have so much fun together. I hope to share information I've picked up with all of you when I really know what I'm talking about!

      Delete
  9. I think it is so great to continue learning and expanding your skill set for things you love to do. You already have a lot of skill and a good eye. I am thinking of taking a class just because I have gotten lazy and forgot much of what I knew. I am not as familiar with my camera either. My strength is I live in a beautiful place and have good material to photograph.
    Keep on learning always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. That's very kind. I'm learning as I go along, and having a great time while doing it. Get out there and photograph your gorgeous area and share it with the world!

      Delete