Friday, November 16, 2012

Book It - Absolute Power

This week’s featured book:

Absolute Power
Author: David Baldacci

Overview:

In a heavily guarded mansion in a posh Virginia suburb, a man and a woman start to make love, trapping Luther Whitney, a career break-in artist, behind a secret wall. Then the passion turns deadly, and Luther is running into the night. Because what he has just seen is a brutal murder involving Alan Richmond, the president of the United States, the man with...Absolute Power.


My Comments:

This story is a little unbelievable at times, but a good choice if you’re looking for something fast paced and packed with suspense to cozy up with on a rainy (or snowy) day. At the end of each chapter, I would tell myself that I’d read ‘just one more’, which, as you guessed it, had me finishing the book in no time – at the expense of other things, like sleep, for example. This is definitely a page turner and entertaining enough to be given a try. It’s better than the average thriller but certainly not at the top. Still. The story wins points for a lot of action, intriguing plot twists and good character development. It’s my first book from this writer, but certainly not my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment