Monday, November 26, 2012

Things I Wonder About

I have a very busy mind. I’m always thinking about something or other. Wondering about this or that. Pondering stuff. Some of it important. Some of it very trivial. Like this:

Why on earth do people in horror movies enter dark and creepy rooms with the tiniest, most insignificant flashlights? Rooms where there is a 99.99% chance that something shockingly evil is awaiting them. Rooms where they’ll inevitably come face to face with that evil because that’s how close they’ll have to get to something before they can see it with such a pathetic amount of light.

Why?

I mean, seriously, they enter into these dark areas that are sure to evoke heart failure with something like this:


Or this:



And even worse, this:


If I entered such a room, which chances are I never would unless I absolutely had to, I would take with me the mother of all flashlights. Something like the flashlight below that would instantly blind a perpertrator...



Or this one that can also be used as a club...


Just once, I’d like to watch a scary movie where somebody pulls out that mega-sized flashlight that can light up an entire forest if need be instead of the rinky-dink types that are used. Just once.

This is one of the trivial things I wonder about...

16 comments:

  1. Ha! I also stare in wide-eyed wonder that this happens, Martha! I'd love to see someone shine a torch that size! And the way women always trip and fall when they're running away from some crazy psycho? So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is always the 'trip-and-fall' scene. And, of course, followed by trouble getting back up. Nuts!

      Delete
  2. Hahahaha, you are SO practical, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you think!! Now maybe,just maybe Martha, this is something '22 Minutes' on CBC could do!!
    I can just imagine the scene you created!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...that would be funny, Jim! And maybe they'll mention my humble blog ;)

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha! Exactly. I'm used to seeing them with lighters. ANd usually they aren't smokers, so why do they even have a lighter to begin with? You know what else they do? Fall down a lot. Some blonde chick will be running away from the crazy killer dude, and what does she do? Fall down a lot and look over her shoulder and scream. Seriously? I think they should be running like hell, not screaming, not falling, and not looking over their shoulder! Just go! And dang it, don't run upstairs, you'll always get trapped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha...yes, they are not smokers, which makes it even more annoying! And there is most definitely a blonde chick that will fall down eventually and just scream her head off! "Run, you stupid girl, get up and run!" Makes me want to shake her!

      Delete
  5. Lol!!! Just last night I was watching an episode of X-Files (we've been working our way through the series) and I said out loud: "Put the lights on!!" Why they were stumbling around in the dark with tiny flashlights is beyond me... !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... We do the same. Do none of these places have light switches for heaven's sake?! Makes me crazy!

      Delete
  6. Did you hear me laugh out loud?? I'm sure everyone must have heard me from St. Kitts to Kingston! How funny is that big flashlight!! You are a riot, Martha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bigger the better, Francie. As long as I can knock someone out cold, or blind them, it works for me ;)

      Delete
  7. or why do they ALWAYS run into the forest instead of the road? Drives me crazy! But that last flashlight looks pretty darn good to me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is another crazy thing they do! Sure...go deep into the forest where no one will ever be able to help you. Duh...

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hey, whatever it takes to keep my crazy self safe!

      Delete