Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Today's Trivia - Annoying Grandma Ends Up On Ebay

Is someone in your life annoying you? Just unload them on eBay. Like one little girl attempted to do:

In 2009, 10-year-old Zoe Pemberton listed her grandmother on eBay. And because the site encourages an honest appraisal of the goods being sold, including any shortcomings, the little girl was very frank. Among the many points listed were 'annoying and moaning a lot', but Zoe also stated that her “Nan” could be 'very cuddly and loves word searches'.


Although it was meant only as a joke, that didn't stop dozens of people from placing bids that reached more than £20,000 before the auction was shut down (eBay does not allow the listing of any human being on the site). There were even inquiries as to whether grandma came with any guarantees.



16 comments:

  1. My Gran would have given me a good clip around the ear if I'd tried that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Sulky Kitten, that's what I thought too! Her Gran was remarkably good natured about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Nan was a good sport Does Zoe's hair clip look like a horn (the little monster :) - or is it just me?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOO good point that Jane makes, ha ha. Well I can think of a few relatives I would sell on e Bay if I could. So I won't ctiricize the gitl. I looked for you at the Kingston train station Martha! I should have figured out when i was passing through then we could have waved at each other which would have been so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Francie, that would have been great! The train station is only a few minutes away and I would have gladly driven there to say hi!! Next time, for sure! :)

      Delete
  5. Haha, that's awesome!! How/why does a kid have an ebay account anyway? Reminds me of that dude a few years ago who was selling his ex-wife's wedding dress on ebay and for the picture of the dress he had tried it on himself, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now, there's the million dollar question. How/why does a child that age even have an ebay account!?

      I read about the guy selling his ex-wife's wedding dress. That was hilarious!

      Delete
  6. LOL! Good thing ebay has rules!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!!! I still remember the person who sold their old life: diaries, clothes, mementos, letters... I mean gotta give it to them. If Ebay allowed people, a lot of people would be selling their bosses ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha...that would be fun, Ana! Bosses for sale...I love it!

      Delete
  8. If we only had Ebay when I was younger. There was a few people I would have liked to sell...

    ReplyDelete