Friday, December 21, 2012

Book It - Finding Noel

This week’s featured book:

Finding Noel
Author: Richard Paul Evans

Overview:

"There are stories, Christmas stories that are stored away like boxes of garlands and frosted glass ornaments, to be brought out and cherished each year. I've come to believe that my story is a Christmas story. For it has forever changed the way I see Christmas.”

The Christmas season is supposed to be full of joy, but not for Mark Smart. Life had dealt him one blow after another until one snowy November night, when he finds a beautiful young woman who will change his life forever. Macy Wood has little memory of her birth parents, and memories she'd rather forget of her adopted home. A Christmas ornament inscribed with the word "Noel" is the only clue to the little sister she only vaguely remembers, a clue that will send her and Mark on a journey to reclaim her past, and her family.


My Comments:

I admit that when the holidays approach, I’m a sucker for Christmas stories, so when December arrives, I’m on the lookout for something festive to read. Like this one. Another feel good story from Richard Paul Evans that you can curl up with as you sip that eggnog and sniff those holiday scented candles. Better yet, why not take the candles, the eggnog and some holiday snacks into the bathroom where you can soak in a nice, warm bath? Yeah, I thought you’d like that. Just make sure you lock the door to keep the riffraff out: partner, kids, pets...

4 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with this author! I'm going to have to look for his books at the bookstore the next time I go. A nice warm bath sounds heavenly right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of his stories are perfect for this time of year.

      Delete