Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blog Award Time!

""There are two seasonal diversions that can ease the bite of any winter.
One is the January thaw.  The other is the seed catalogues."
- Hal Borland -


Happy January, and HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!

It's the start of another year, and I'm looking forward to sharing it with all of you. I'm not the biggest fan of this month...what with all the snow and cold...but the days are getting longer, and as soon as the new year kicks in, I begin to feel hopeful that spring is just around the corner. Won't be long now...or so I tell myself.

Anyway, let's move on to what this post is all about, which is to present my homemade award to one of my favourite bloggers. So, let’s get right to it!

This month I’d like to present the award to Sophie, who is the star of the blog From Sophie's View. (An honourable mention goes out to Ron who helps Sophie with the typing, and is in charge of photography.)

What makes Sophie so remarkable is the fact that she's a dog! But not just any dog. She's an adorable Labradoodle that can blog! How cool is that?



Sophie lives a very adventurous life and enjoys sharing it with all of us. And in addition to all the neat things she types (with the help of daddy Ron) about the places she visits, you'll enjoy some of the most beautiful photography.

If you haven’t discovered this lovely blog yet, head over there right now! Now, I tell you. Just click here and you’ll be transported to Nova Scotia, one of the most beautiful provinces in Canada, where you can enjoy all the lovely things Sophie has to offer.

Congratulations, Sophie! I hope you share this award with daddy Ron!

And remember:

There are no hard and fast rules to the award. You don’t have to display it on your blog if you don’t want to. Or write anything about yourself. Just know that I think you have a 'totally funkalicious' blog, and I’m glad I stumbled across it. The award and a link to your blog will be featured on the right sidebar of my blog for the entire month of January, so others may get a chance to discover you and enjoy what you have to offer.

I wish you all a lovely month ahead, and a healthy and happy 2013.
Let the countdown to spring begin!

Here’s a photo to make you smile...

 

24 comments:

  1. I've just been over to have a look - she is very beautiful and those photos are lovely. A very worthy recipient! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Sulky! Sophie is adorable, and she and Ron have a great blog.

      Delete
  2. Loved Sophie's blog :) And the socks without partners cartoon is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Sophie :) My sister has a Labradoodle and they are incredible dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never knew of Labradoodles until Sophie. She is adorable, and seems like such a wonderful companion.

      Delete
  4. I think I know these two!! Yeah!! They so deserve this...they work so hard at it! And Sophie is the 'model' from heaven!! Ron ain't that bad either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do deserve this. The blog is great, and the adventurous you all go on are wonderful.

      Delete
  5. Martha Martha Bo Bartha
    Fee Fie Fo MAR~THA.....!(The Name Game)!!!The Name Game

    Enjoy!!



    You are too Funkalicious yourself....Thank You for being so introverted! Now I'm out there...whoa....

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie, you are cute as a button, and certainly deserve this award. So does Ron...so make sure to share it with him!

      Delete
  6. Martha, I was so excited to see your post!
    Sophie so deserves your award!
    Hers was the first blog I ever followed.
    Ron is a talented photographer and writer who works very hard with Sophie Doodle on their blog.
    And I loved the cartoon "Socks Without Partners."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great blog. Sophie is really sweet, and her dads Ron and Jim are just the nicest guys. I'm so glad I found them all!

      Delete
    2. Me too! Actually I reconnected with Ron. We went to school together in Grade 8! And through Ron, I met Sophie and Jim - an unexpected 2012 happiness.

      Delete
    3. That is fantastic! If I ever get a chance to get out east, I'm going to make it a point of going to see them. I've become quite fond of these three over time. They are wonderful.

      Delete
  7. OMG, if anyone is FUNKALICIOUS, it's SOPHIE and RON! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful for Sophie and Ron!
    Thank you for spotting them!
    Love the three Amigos...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The three Amigos...that is perfect! They are terrific!

      Delete
  9. Congrats Sophie and her human writer/photographer!!! Love your pictures!! and cute cartoon Martha! ;~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed, Alice! I adore Sophie and her human writer/photographer. They are a great team.

      Delete
  10. Sophie and her boys have been friends of mine for some time. Great choice. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a terrific family. And Sophie is the cutest!

      Delete