Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A New Month, And Blog Changes

"When April steps aside for May,
 Like diamonds all the rain-drops glisten;
 Fresh violets open every day:
 To some new bird each hour we listen."

- Lucy Larcom -

Happy May, everyone!

I am excited! This is one of my favourite months of the year. I look forward to all the lovely blooms my garden will shower me with, to all the day trips and outings coming up, and to all the photographs that will accompany all the fun!

In blogging news...

I’ve decided that for the next little while, perhaps permanently, I will not be posting on the weekends unless it's a holiday or special occasion. Five days a week will be much easier to keep up with, particularly this time of year when there is so much to do, and so many adventures to be had!

A couple of changes coming up...

Starting this month, the blog theme ‘A Single Photograph’ will replace the weekly ‘Snapshot Sunday’ that I’ve been uploading, and will consist of...you guessed it!...a single photograph, a quotation to accompany it, and no other words. This will take place on Wednesdays, but not necessarily every week. It all depends on whether I have photos worth sharing.



And because I plan to continue tickling your funny bone, the cartoons and humour that I've been sharing on ‘Saturday Silliness’ will now be posted on Mondays under the weekly theme title of ‘Chuckles and Chortles’.

So, some minor tweaks have been made, but one thing’s for sure:
I don’t intend to stop blogging! I am very fond of all of you, and could not imagine losing touch with my blogging circle of friends!

I wish you all a beautiful month.


28 comments:

  1. Wow, you're very organised and methodical! I'm grateful for whenever you can post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I am because I'd be going nuts trying to keep up with everything! LOL...

      Delete
  2. Feel the same way...
    My blogs feature only a few posts during spring, summer and fall as well.
    Now it is time to garden, walk and explore nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! There are so many wonderful things this time of year!

      Delete
  3. You are organized! Glad you're going to continue. We'd miss you too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot give up blogging. I've met so many wonderful people and I don't want to lose touch with them! I'd miss all of you, too!

      Delete
  4. Well you've obviously been giving it some thought since you last mentioned that posting everyday was becoming a heavy load. I think you've come up with a very workable solution and we'll benefit because you'll have more time to take photos!! Also blogging being what it is, you can still blog on the week-end if you feel like it (on occasion)! Enjoy the month of May, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been giving it a lot of thought and I think this new schedule is going to work out great. I enjoy blogging and all my blogging buddies, so I want to continue to do so. But every day is a little much, particularly this time of year.

      Delete
  5. Yes, you must be outside taking photos as much as possible during the beautiful weather months! I look forward to your revised blog features!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have such long winters that we NEED to enjoy this time of year!

      Delete
  6. Good ideas and plans Martha! A tweak here and there is always necessary in this 'business' of blogging. Looking forward to 'A Single Photograph' segment on Wednesdays.
    Now , get out in that garden....you probably are! I must get out too! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I spent time in the garden yesterday! The weather was amazing!

      Delete
  7. Happy May Day my Love! I always enjoy your blog, no matter how you set things up. squishy hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you are sweet! I plan to continue blogging. I love you guys too much! LOL...

      Delete
  8. Good luck on the painting! Actually the prep is the worst part and painting a nice color you like can be enjoyable--positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the prep is the worst part. And the cleaning, too! The painting was simple enough, and I'm so glad I did it!

      Delete
  9. Yay! You're staying around! The title worried me a bit. I know how you feel, I don't post when Husband is off work because I'd rather spend time with him. It's good your not going to let the blog get in the way of living your life. Kudos, and thanks for the funnies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely staying around. I have no plans to leave the blogging world. But seven days a week has become a little much. By taking weekends off, I'll be able to handle my schedule better.

      Delete
  10. I'll be here! I really enjoy visiting you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad that you are remembering to "live" life fully and in the present with your family and in our miraculous world! Enjoy your month and I'll enjoy whatever and whenever you post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! There is so much to see and do, and I look forward to enjoying this time of year in every which way!

      Delete
  12. Sometimes it is good to take a blogging break. The weather is far too nice to be inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! And our 'nice' season is far too short to miss!

      Delete
  13. Got it. Sunday will be on Wednesday and Saturday will be on Monday. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, you got it! I just shuffled things around a bit!

      Delete
  14. I don't blame you. I gave up blogging on weekends a long time ago. This weekend is me time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is something I've been thinking about doing for a long time. I think managing my blog will be much easier if weekends are omitted.

      Delete