Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Wonderful Surprise In My Mailbox

Is there anything more exciting than receiving something fun in the mail? It makes you feel like a little kid.

Today, I had that kind of excitement when I peeked in my mailbox and saw a letter from Ana of Introverted Art. And inside the envelope, I found this:


Squeal!

Awhile back, to celebrate the first year of her blog anniversary, she did a giveaway of 1 iPhone case and 2 sets of original watercolor postcards. And I was the lucky winner of one of the postcard sets!


The artwork is beautiful, and these cards brightened up my day, particularly because they are of birds. You know how much I love birds! They are all signed by the artist, but I wasn’t sure if Ana wanted her family name exposed, so I’ve blurred her signature. That’s why there’s a smudged section on each postcard. That's only in these photos.


I am going to find small frames for them and hang them on my wall. They will grace the space they occupy.


Ana even included a thank you card with such kind words. A thank you card! I should be the one that’s grateful. And I am!



So...

I thank YOU, Ana, for putting a smile on my face with this lovely surprise. And for being a part of my blogging circle of friends! Your artwork is beautiful. Just like you.

24 comments:

  1. oooooooooooooh. I am so glad you liked them Martha. Without knowing you have always been so special to me. Your kind words, positive feedback :) really, thank you for being sun an amazing human being!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love them. Thank you, Ana. I will frame them, and decorate my home with them.

      Delete
  2. How perfectly lovely! It will add such softness to any space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed beautiful drawings. Ana is quite talented.

      Delete
  3. They're lovely! She does a nice bird, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats lovely, everyone appreciates a gift through snail mail and the paintings are beautiful . Lucky you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snail mail is so much fun. You hardly get any of that anymore.

      Delete
  5. What a talented friend -- these will look great framed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's quite talented! And she's such a lovely person, too.

      Delete
  6. oh! I knew right away when I saw this that they were Ana's watercolors!!! lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does have her own distinct style, doesn't she?

      Delete
  7. Congratz! What an awesome prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always nice to receive something fun in the mail!

      Delete
  8. They are beautiful, congrats on winning! It is always nice to see people excited by art, paintings! I know exactly how you feel!

    Alice ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know YOU know how I feel because you have some lovely art of your own!

      Delete
  9. These are a real treasure! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wonderful surprise by Ana. I will have to find nice frames for them.

      Delete