Thursday, May 30, 2013

Brain Teasers To Test Your Mind’s Sharpness

And now, it’s time for something a little different. Brain teasers! Why? I dunno. It just seems interesting. They’re all short questions that’ll take no time at all to answer, so try them out and see how you do. I learned one thing from this: not to do these exercises at 6:00 AM when my brain is foggy from sleep. I failed miserably. (bows head in shame)


Let’s get to it...

10 Brain Teasers To Test Your Mind Sharpness

(The answers are below, but don’t check them before you've made a sincere effort to answer all the questions.)

1. Johnny’s mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child’s name?

2. A clerk at a butcher shop stands five feet ten inches tall and wears size 13 sneakers. What does he weigh?

3. How much dirt is there in a hole that measures two feet by three feet by four feet?

4. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?

5. What word in the English language is always spelled incorrectly?

6. Billie was born on December 28th, yet her birthday always falls in the summer. How is this possible?

7. In British Columbia you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?

8. If you were running a race and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

9. Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg is white” or “The yolk of the egg are white?”

10. A farmer has five haystacks in one field and four haystacks in another. How many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in one field?


Answers:

1. Johnny.

2. Meat.

3. There is no dirt in a hole.

4. Mt. Everest. It just wasn’t discovered yet.

5. Incorrectly (except when it is spelled incorrecktly).

6. Billie lives in the southern hemisphere.

7. You can’t take a picture with a wooden leg. You need a camera (or iPad or cell phone) to take a picture.

8. You would be in 2nd place. You passed the person in second place, not first.

9. Neither. Egg yolks are yellow.

10. One. If he combines all his haystacks, they all become one big stack.


How did you do? Hopefully much better than me...


22 comments:

  1. I actually got a couple right -- however I did not look as cute as the Rubik cat while straining my brain lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did better than I did! My brain was a foggy mess...LOL....

      Delete
  2. surprisingly i got all but one right. a great way to finish the night. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. the kitty pictures are great! I got a few right .... but it is first thing in the morning ... perhaps I should have had my tea first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt when I ran across these. I hadn't even had my first coffee yet!

      Delete
  4. Now THAT woke me up! Way to much logic for this time of day, Martha! But fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exercises for the brain are important to keep us sharp as we age!

      Delete
  5. I taught for too many years. got 'em all. Hahahaha. Just the kinds of questions we used to stump the kids with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cruelty! I remember things like this in school.

      Delete
  6. Missed one, Martha... forgot to eat my Smarties today LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got all but two! Thanks for making me think! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got them all right - but then, I think I've read all except the last one before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got them all but two!

    Here's one...how did Moses get the animals on the Ark?
    People always say "Two by two"...and then YOU say, no, Moses didn't have the ark, NOAH did!!! Nobody hears what you say at the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a fantastic one, Kay! I should try it on my gang here and say if they pick on the 'Moses' part!

      Delete