Monday, May 6, 2013

Chuckles and Chortles

A little mom-type humour to kick start Mother’s day, which is on Sunday...




You’ve Turned Into A Mom When...

- You automatically double-knot everything you tie.

- You find yourself humming the Barney song as you do the dishes.

- You hear a baby cry in the grocery store, and you start to gently sway back and forth, back and forth. However, your children are at school!

- You actually start to like the smell of strained carrots mixed with applesauce.

- You weep through the scene in Dumbo when his mom is taken away, not to mention what Bambi does to you.

- You get soooo into crafts you contemplate writing a book called 101 Fun Crafts to do with Dryer Lint and Eggshells.

- You spend a half hour searching for your sunglasses only to have your teenager say, "Mom, why don't you wear the ones you pushed up on your head?"

- You are out for a nice romantic meal with your husband, enjoying some real adult conversation, when suddenly you realize that you've reached over and started to cut up his steak!





22 comments:

  1. OK --I HAVE turned into a Mom lol.. That tiger picture is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! Once you join that club, it's for life :)

      Delete
  2. Great LOLs -- I've got that smudge one in my own draft post ready for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That 'smudge' one is a favourite of mine. It's possible I've already shared it!

      Delete
  3. you've got some great ones here today! loving the 'mom voice mail' and seriously if you're making crafts with dryer lint ... you're sleep deprived, which most of us are! and that is so me to look for my glasses not realizing they are already on my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine...crafts with dryer lint!! LOL... Yes, you'd be sleep-deprived.

      Delete
  4. it's hard to believe mother's day is almost here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha! love it! I was at a tournament this weekend and heard kids say, "mom"....like every mom in the gym looked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still look around when I hear "mom" being called out...even when my kids are nowhere near me! Once a mom, always a mom...

      Delete
  7. I am not even a parent, and the dryer lint thing bothers me. There has to be something that you could do with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the spring, if you put it out for the birds, they use it as nest-building material.

      Delete
  8. You have a wonderful Mother's Day, Martha. Thanks for my morning smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I love the Mama tiger's picture! Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That mama tiger looks the way I used to when my girls were young. Poor thing...LOL...

      Delete
  10. I LOVE the definition of MOTHER. Priceless x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL love them all, but admit like the mom voice mail and the tiger the best!

    ReplyDelete