Tuesday, May 7, 2013

It’s A Cat’s Life

The weather has been a-ma-zing! All of a sudden - BAM - it’s spring.

On Saturday, we went to the downtown area to walk around, take photos and eat ice cream. Because you’re never too old for ice cream. Never.

Kingstonians out and about enjoying the beautiful day.
I'll share photos of this outing in a future post.
Sunday, we spent the day in Montreal. It was our easter (we are Orthodox Christians), so we went to celebrate with my family. Our first stop was at my daughter’s new apartment that she recently moved into, and then we all met up at my mom’s place. And although it was just a day trip, we had a terrific time. And ate. A lot.

My daughter's cat, Daeny, looks as beautiful as ever. She's one happy (spoiled) kitty.
Yesterday, I spent a few hours in the garden, which is what I plan to do every chance I get this week. And I’m loving every minute of it. Fresh air, birds singing, lots of sunshine, flowers blooming...what’s there not to love?

So I’m crazy busy, but happy as can be!

And while I’m running around taking care of all these chores, this is what my cat does:


Every day right before noon, she pushes the same pillow down and lies down on top of it. And snoozes the day away. She’s there from about 11:30 in the morning to 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon.


Every now and then, I pop into the living room and say to her: “Get up and do something, you lazy cat.” She thinks I’m sweet talking her, and so she purrs.

"You wish you could live like me, don't you, human?"
Eventually she makes the effort to get up. When it’s feeding time. It’s a cat’s life, I tell you.


When I put the pillow back up, if I don’t place it on the side she sleeps on, she’ll just sleep directly on the couch the next day. Because she’s finicky like that. And lazy.


Have a lovely day, everyone! I’ll be in the garden. And you know where my cat will be...


24 comments:

  1. I need to go visit Montreal for a bit. It has been cold, cloudy and rainy here in southeastern North Cackalacky for weeks. I've been calling it the land that the sun forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the sun returns soon. Nothing like good weather to pick up our spirits!

      Delete
  2. SOMEBODY'S got you wrapped around their paw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you enjoying the warm weather and enjoying your family on the weekends. Nothing like eating ice cream down by the waterfront! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love going down to the waterfront this time of year. It's so beautiful, and I enjoy watching the people.

      Delete
  4. Nothing like a sleeping kitty! cats are so funny about their spots, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is odd how they pick a spot and that will be "their" spot for a week or month, then they find a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what my cats do. Especially this black one. She becomes obsesses about a spot for awhile, and then drops it like a hot potato and moves onto another one.

      Delete
  6. Ah, nice puddy cat! Happy Easter by the way, Martha! You have a lovely week-end to celebrate it. Enjoy your garden time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This garden time is just wonderful. And the little critters hanging around with me out there is soul feeding!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous cat, stunning really. It knows who really runs the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She truly believes she is the center of the universe. And in some ways she is!

      Delete
  8. That's exactly how my cats behave. Hey, it's hard work looking that good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it certainly does take hard work to look that fabulous. Lots of beauty sleep is needed :)

      Delete
  9. So glad you had a great visit with the family in Montreal. What a wonderful city that is. We haven't been there in forever.
    What a beauty, the black cat! We had a black cat back in the 70's and 80's. Her name was Polo, loved her to bits! Your munchkin is so sweet!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a wonderful cat. We adopted her from the local humane society on January 2nd in 2010. She is our New Year's cat of that year!

      Delete
  10. wow Martha, I would like to be there. My husband had several family members living in Canada and I always have wanted to visit. The first photo just portrays such a sense of peace and serenity.

    And the kitties? beautiful and regal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canada has so many beautiful places to visit and explore. Perhaps one day you'll make it up here, Ana. And if you visit my city, we can hook up!

      Delete
  11. It is a cats life, mine follows the sun around the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it certainly is a cat's life. Mine are sweet - and very spoiled!

      Delete
  12. Looks like you have been having a great time! Same as your cat! Mine get fussy when I move stuff too! Foxy says you cat looks like she could be a relative of hers. LOL

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foxy is probably right! They may very well be cousins.

      Delete