Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What If Money Was No Object?

What would you do if you won the lottery and money was no longer an object? Not what would you buy or what debts you’d pay off. Forget about all that. Just think about what you would do. With your time.


Would you travel the world? I know I would. With camera in hand, of course. And the most amazing man in the world by my side. He’s terrific company, and I never leave home without him.


Would you move somewhere else? I’m not sure about that. I’d love to live in a warmer area, but I also love where I live. Decisions, decisions... Maybe I’d just buy a house on a tropical island and spend winter there. Yes, I can live with that.

 
Would you volunteer your time? I’d like to think that I would. In between traveling the world and vacationing on a tropical island in the winter.
 

Would you eat out more often? I don’t see myself doing this. My preference has always been homemade meals. Restaurants just aren’t the same. Of course, having my own personal cook, well...


Would you hold down a job? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? There’s no way I’d work when I don’t have to! I’ve heard people say they’d get bored. Seriously? I can think of tons of ways to fill up my day. Between traveling the world, vacationing on a tropical island in the winter and volunteering my time...trust me, I wouldn’t get bored.


So...what would you do if money was no object?

18 comments:

  1. Sounds just what I would love to do. Maybe we would meet up along the road somewhere warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely travel. Australia is tops on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Australia is tops on my list, too! I would love to visit that country.

      Delete
  3. I agree, there is way to much to do to ever be bored. The photos are lovely Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just know that I'd be able to fill up my day!

      Delete
  4. I would definitely travel the world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a dream of mine. An amazing opportunity.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, I agree with almost everything you said. But I would eat out more I think lol! You know what's funny, the first thing that came to mind was flying to White Spot in Vancouver for the clam chowder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That clam chowder must be good! I'd love to travel the world and taste different cuisines from different cultures. I think that would be quite an experience.

      Delete
  6. Hate to sound so fricken good but I would probably give most of it to charities, cancer research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful, Francie. I don't think you're trying to sound good; it's something that's important to you. I guess I'm not that good...LOL... I couldn't give up the opportunity to travel the world and experience all the different cultures, meet the locals, etc. But I could open a charity account where I could invest a certain amount of money over and over again, and donate the interest to different organizations over a period of many years instead of one lump sum. Win-win, no? :)

      Delete
  7. Pretty much the same as you, travel and volunteer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok .... first, bored? NO WAY! sign me up! next, travel? check, pictures? check .... love exploring new places with camera in hand ... move? well .... that depends. From my home in CT? yes. Our place in the Adirondacks? no. We think about where we will live next in relation to how far it is from our camp. Volunteer? absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being able to plan out your day, and your life, without worrying about the stress of bills and all that is a dream!

      Delete
  9. Oh, I would buy thousands of acres of LAND and I would create some fantastic gardens. If you look at Callaway Gardens here in Georgia, that is how I would design them...with natural native flowers.
    THEN, I would fly all my blogging friends from around the world and we would have a fantastic party at the gardens I had created.
    Bring your camera, Martha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds wonderful, Kay! Now get out there and win that lottery and fly us all in! LOL...

      Delete