Monday, June 17, 2013

Chuckles and Chortles

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. We spent Saturday touring small towns and country roads, and I ended up coming home with 300 photographs! It's quite clear that no camera of mine ever goes to waste. I always put them to good use, and certainly get my money's worth. Eventually, I will play tour guide and share some of those adventures with you. As I always do.

But for now, let's laugh out loud with this week’s round of silliness...





Spell Checker

I halve a spelling checker,
It came with my pea see.
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I dew knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye is wrong oar write
It shows me strait aweigh.

As soon as a mist aches is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the era rite
It’s rarely ever wrung.

I've scent this massage threw it,
And I'm shore you’re pleased too no
Its letter prefect in every weigh;
My checker tolled me sew.

(I ran this through Word and there were no errors found in it!)

 
 
 
 
Wishing you all a great week ahead. 

20 comments:

  1. LOVE the spell checker poem - lol
    Thanks for the 1st laugh ( s ) of my day
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a good chuckle to start the day off on the right foot!

      Delete
  2. Spell check drives me insane on my iphone! constantly changing words that I don't want! and then ... try 'captcha' to post a comment on a blog from your iphone ...aaaarugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spell check is just about everywhere these days. It drives me crazy, too!

      Delete
  3. Ooooohhhh Mrs. Edwards is on meth huh? Not a good role model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Edwards is definitely not a good role model :)

      Delete
  4. The meth drawing is the best. Kids are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Gollum and Grumpy Cat and they weren't even in the post! Your sidebar is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get tired of grumpy cat! I heard that there's a movie coming out. Talk about hitting the big time!

      Delete
  6. That spell checker sets me up every time lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaa.. now I know why I didn't like *my* math teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eek! Killer moth! My greatest fear (okay its bats, but moths are close)! Have a lovely week Martha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moths freak me out a little. It think it's because of the erratic way they fly.

      Delete
  9. Well thats fantastic indeed ! Cant wait to use that one !

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all had me giggling. I especially like the rime, er rhyme. Cute!
    And it looks like inner cities schools are expanding the curriculum. That's why standardized test scores keep plummeting.

    Thanks for the cheer, Martha.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! What would life be without some humour?

      Delete