Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Purrfect Evening Stroll

On Tuesday evening, the most amazing man in the world and I headed over to Lake Ontario Park for a long and leisurely stroll. The park, which is just a few minutes drive from our home, dates back to 1894, and is one of Kingston’s largest waterfront spaces.

The most amazing man in the world will be playing with his band
under that pavilion next month for a city event. How exciting is that?
I’d taken my daughter there earlier that day to join her gang for a picnic to celebrate a friend’s birthday, and was stunned by how many changes had been made since we’d visited quite awhile back.



In June of this year, the city completed major upgrades to the area; the renovations include a refurbished pavilion structure with new universally accessible washrooms, accessible walkways to improved waterfront, a new splash pad, play equipment, an enhanced and enlarged cobble beach, new waterfront sand play areas, and much more.


We hadn’t been to see the updates, and after getting a quick glimpse of the revamped park that morning, I was eager to return for a closer look. The changes are wonderful, and this park is a beautiful place to play or swim in, or take a leisurely stroll through.

Notice the Tim Hortons coffee in his hand? Can't go anywhere without that!
We walked for a long time, and along the way, guess who we found?

NEMO!

Yes, we found Nemo, ladies and gentlemen!

Here he is:


That’s right, Nemo is a cat. And that’s why you’ve been unable to find him...because you’ve been searching for a fish.


This gorgeous kitty (whose name is Nemo, we found out) greets everyone that he runs across. From what we gathered from people we met on our walk, he takes strolls down to the lake regularly, and is the neighbourhood’s friendliest feline.


And the camera just loves him.

Judging from the scratches, it looks like Nemo has gotten into a few 'disagreements'.
It was a wonderful evening, and I imagine we’ll be returning to this park again and again.

 
 
Have a lovely day, everyone! We’re off later this morning to Peterborough, Ontario to explore yet another beautiful area. With camera in hand, of course.

30 comments:

  1. How lovely to see your Amazing Man and Nemo at the park! It looks like a beautiful place to stroll or listen to music. Gorgeous views!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful place to take a walk and enjoy the view. I'm glad they upgraded it. It looks terrific.

      Delete
  2. This is a great post. Love seeing these pictures. Looks like you landed yourself quite the man as well. Which is super duper cool.

    I love being married. Looks like you do as well.

    Cat's eyes are amazing. Poor little scratches though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore being married because I'm with such a great guy. We really enjoy each other's company, and always do fun stuff together. I consider myself lucky, and I am so grateful for this!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely spot! Nemo is very special, well travelled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nemo is the talk of the area. It seems he's made many friends because the people that live around there, and the ones that walk that park regularly know him very well!

      Delete
  4. What a life, Martha... married to a "public figure" and greeted by kitties wherever you wander LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. He is the sweetest! I hope to see him again when I visit this park next.

      Delete
  6. Is your amazing man a secret? Since I'm a new follower, I don't know of him. I love it when people find amazing partners. This has escaped me... aw but I'm happy for those who have such.

    AND oh, Nemo! kitty... how gorgeous ~ scratches and all. What a gorgeous gorgeous Park. I'll probably never go to Canada. I was so close when in Glacier National Park.

    Well, I did go to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls ... but now we need a passport and well, I've hung up my traveling wheels. for now. So looking forward to pictures of places I'll most likely not get to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he's not a secret, just amazing. He's an overall great guy, and I call him the most amazing man in the world because he truly is. This is my second marriage (for both of us actually), and the first one does not compare; it was lousy. So, I consider myself lucky for stumbling across someone who is as 'amazing' as this. I never would have believed it from what I experienced before.

      I share a lot of photos from around here, so at the very least, you'll get glimpses of places in Ontario. It's only virtual traveling, but you get to see places you've never been to.

      Delete
  7. good for the city developing such a nice spot for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when they do things like that for everyone to enjoy!

      Delete
  8. The only way that park could be more perfect is . . . . no, wait, it DOES have a cat! Purrs to Nemo from HRH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pass those purrs to Nemo next time I see him. I bet he'll like that!

      Delete
  9. That gorgeous place with huge rocks and water as far as you can see is a park??? I really need to visit Canada!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on up for a visit! You'll really like it here.

      Delete
  10. This place is really stunning...and your Pictures are Beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful having this park so close to home to enjoy any time. We are fortunate.

      Delete
  11. Nemo is a beauty, and so is that park.

    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it wonderful to re-discover a place that you are so fond of....all the changes makes the place so walkable and hag aroundable. Nemo is so special. I can see and hear him purring as you snap your pictures.

    Double double for Hubby?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is wonderful to re-discover this area. Especially with all its beautiful upgrades! And finding Nemo along the way was the highlight of the evening. He's so friendly. And yes, he was purring his little head off as I photographed him. He's a very special cat.

      Hubby decided to go for the Mocha with whipped cream instead! That's his favourite.

      Delete
  13. Such a very pretty place, have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love cats that are really friendly like that. There used to be a cat that sat in front of my doctors office. He begged to be petted. His collar had his name in the front and the back said, I am not lost. I am just friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cute! I love that they would write that on his collar. I used to have a cat many years ago that was just like that. Extremely friendly and sociable. They are so adorable when they're like that.

      Delete
  15. What a great re-discover that park is! Whenever I see any of the Great Lakes I am always amazed that they are called lakes!! They are like oceans! What a beautiful park Martha and I LOVED that sloping hill towards lake at sunset photo. And of course Nemo! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what we were talking about that day, Jim; about how amazed we are at the size of these lakes that look like oceans. Can you believe that Lake Ontario is the smallest one of them all? It just seems so huge when I look at it! In any case, I am so grateful that we live near the water and get to enjoy such beautiful scenery. And of course, with Nemo hanging around this park, it is simply perfect. He's just adorable, and I hope to see him again when we visit this park next.

      Delete