Monday, August 26, 2013

Chuckles and Chortles

I hope you all had a nice weekend. Saturday was a beautiful day, so we spent the day outdoors exploring and taking photographs. In the evening, we headed downtown to Amadeus CafĂ© (a family-owned restaurant that serves authentic German and Austrian cuisine) for supper, and to watch a friend and his band play live music in the courtyard patio. It was one of the bands performing during this weekend’s Limestone City Blues Festival. We joined up with some other friends who were already there, and it turned out to be a really nice evening. With all that running around on Saturday, I decided to lay low yesterday and recharge my battery.

This morning I’m full of energy and ready for a brand new week. Let’s get it started with some humour...




Kids Say the Darnest Things:

"The future of 'I give' is 'I take.'"

"The inhabitants of Moscow are called Mosquitoes."

"Water is composed of two gins. Oxygin and hydrogin. Oxygin is pure gin. Hydrogin is gin and water."

"Most of the houses in France are made of plaster of Paris."

"The people who followed the Lord were called the 12 opossums."

"A scout obeys all to whom obedience is due and respects all duly constipated authorities."

"The four seasons are salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar."

"Syntax is all the money collected at the church from sinners."

"The blood circulates through the body by flowing down one leg and up the other."

"In the middle of the 18th century, all the morons moved to Utah."

 


 
Make it a great day, everyone, and a fantastic week!

22 comments:

  1. O gosshhh, hahahaaaaa.. I LOVE the lynx one, and the dentist one is just wonderful! That's another one I have to send my husband; he absolutely loathes going to the dentist and would rather his teeth rot and crumble to dust first lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people feel the way your husband does about dentists. I used to when I was younger, but in the past few years, the experiences have been favourable, so I don't mind going anymore!

      Delete
  2. LOL the lynx in the sink really gave me a good Monday morning laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky better hope that wasn't a male tiger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone should have told him that the tiger is actually a big CAT! What the heck was he thinking?

      Delete
  4. Oh yes! Those stick families!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stick family was delicious, made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the laughs, those kids jokes are hilarious! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids are naturally funny! They entertain you without realizing they're doing it. It makes it so much funnier!

      Delete
  7. I can't even stop laughing at the "plaster of Paris" quote to pay attention to the rest. Ah, thanks for the laughs, Martha.

    Keep a smile.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids say the silliest things, don't they? You gotta love 'em..

      Delete
  8. Oh my Giggled here today ! Thanks for sharing the laughs ! Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to send the dental one to my dentist! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and tell him/her we know what's going on! The cat's out of the bad...

      Delete
  10. loved the kid sayings.. HAHaaaa... the 12 opossums... didn't read this this morning but I'm reading it at bedtime.. LOVE good laughs at bedtime... Mother always said laughing massages your liver... and so well.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Massages your liver" I love that!

      Laughter is like a vitamin for me. I can't imagine a day without it!

      Delete