Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Photo Dump

“Everything is a subject. Every subject has a rhythm. To feel it is the raison d’etre.
The photograph is a fixed moment of such a raison d’etre, which lives on in itself.”
- Andre Kertesz -

I love to capture moments with my camera. And those moments that I capture are a type of time travel. When I look at a photograph I’ve taken, I return to the time, the place and the emotion behind it. And it puts a smile on my face.

Below are photos of some of those bits of time travel.

The spectacular stained glass dome in Boldt Castle. (Photo taken during last year's visit)

The  QUACK convention was in town recently.

As of the end of July, the most amazing man in the world is halfway to 60!

♫♪These boots feet were made for walking...♪♫

One of the most welcome sights in the garden!

Behind bars.

Looks like there's a storm a-brewin' in the country.

Abandoned in Gananoque, Ontario. The building, not me...

Real life angry bird!

BUSTED! You long-eared rascal...

Make it a great day!

32 comments:

  1. First of all from the photos I've seen of your husband - I thought he was in his early 40's - WHY do men age so well????????
    And that rabbit photo is too precious !!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely true...Congratulation ...even late...

      Delete
    2. Because they are heartless brutes! hahaha... Okay, I'm just kidding. They age well because they are blessed to be with us :)

      Delete
  2. Make it a great day!
    Thank you for it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you here again, Viera! I hope you are doing well.

      Delete
  3. You must have the patience of Job to get up close and personal with these animals. Love that wabbit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get as close as possible to the ones that aren't afraid of humans as much. And I have a telephoto lens for the ones that are a bit more nervous.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. That bunny is adorable. S/he stops by every day.

      Delete
  5. Love the bird with attitude! Midsummer is the "best time" for birthdays (and I should know LOL).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Midsummer is great because you can celebrate your birthday outdoors. I was born around mid February, and it totally sucks weather-wise. Even planning indoor gatherings doesn't always work if a snowstorm decides to hit!

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed the pictures.LOVE the introverts sign on your sidebar. And yes, in fact, I are one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've met a lot of introverts through this blog. I'm glad that we are finding each other.

      Delete
  7. Your photos are amazing, you have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Eats everything in sight...but cute as a button :)

      Delete
  9. "Busted" made me laugh! Great shots, all of them. That stained glass dome is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That stained glass dome is incredible. I can't imagine what it cost!

      Delete
  10. good morning... beautiful photography and the Bunny? jeeeeez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carolyn. That bunny is a troublemaker in the garden, but awfully cute!

      Delete
  11. LOVE the stained glass! It must have been amazing to see in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredible. The whole house was spectacular.

      Delete
  12. I'm giggling at that last picture. I imagine that rascal is wondering "Where are the chocolate eggs?"

    Be well, Martha.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha... Heck, I'm wondering where the chocolate eggs are!

      Delete
  13. Loved every one! Never thought of photography as a type of 'time travel'.....makes sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a way it is, isn't it? Looking at photos takes me back to that spot where they were taken.

      Delete
  14. You saved the best for last!!That bunny is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly my favourite capture from all of them!

      Delete